If we pick a player, we will give him an extended run and we will continue with him for some point and nurture him and see that he goes on to become successful. Ashish Nehra is also in the 160-member squad for the first game in New Delhi on November 1. So is the case with Siraj.
In his last 10 innings, Iyer has scored two centuries and three fifties and that was enough for the selectors to include him in the squad. The selector made it clear that Nehra has been picked only for the first T20 after which will be retire. "Siraj is also doing well and has been duly rewarded", commented Prasad according to Sportstarlive.
The national call-up was long awaited for Iyer who had finished IPL 2017 with astounding 338 runs averaging nearly 34.
Iyer had been part of the India under-19 squad as well and was part of the side that finished fifth in the 2014 World Cup in UAE. His best figures came during the match against Gujarat Lions where he picked up a four-wicket haul.
Look up to see the Orionids meteor shower tonight
The best time to view the meteor shower is between midnight and dawn on Friday or Saturday night from anywhere on Earth. Meteoroids are often so small they burn up in the earth's atmosphere, so there is little chance of a collision.
Mohammed Siraj's inclusion is no surprise either as the pacer has been performing well in the limited overs format. Siraj and Boult have shared dressing room together while playing for the Sunrisers in IPL and the Indian has learned a bit from the Kiwi pacer.
"There are a lot of apprehensions about Nehra. This message has been clearly communicated and we are very happy that the player also needs to take it in the right spirit that the new generation is coming up", he added.
KL Rahul remains in the T20 squad, he was recently dropped from the ODI squad following an unsuccessful run at the number 4 spot for the team. The opening pair has been kept intact with Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma. That tally included an unbeaten 140 off 131 runs in the tri-series final, which helped India A clinch the series.
TEST SQUAD vs SRILANKA (first two matches): Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Hardik Pandya, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ishant Sharma.
- Suspect arrested after four people stabbed in Munich
- Trump And NFL Debate Over National Anthem Kneeling
- Mersal row: BJP must respect free speech, says Congress
- Huawei opens pre-orders for Mate 10 with RM999 of goodies
- Blac Chyna Is Suing The Entire Kardashian Family For Everything They're Worth
- Facepalm! Hardik Patel declares support for Congress but his aides join BJP
- GM owes CT, others $120M in ignition flap
- LaMarcus Aldridge signs 3-year extension with Spurs, report says
- This is what Anushka Shetty gifted Prabhas on his birthday
- Oil rig blast on Louisiana lake leaves man missing, 7 people hurt