Thakor who heads the OBC, ST, SC Ekta Manch made the decision after a meeting with Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in New Delhi. Thakor's decision came within hours of Gujarat Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki's invitation to the three "Young Turks" of state politics, Alpesh Thakor, Dalit activist Jignesh Mevani and Patidar leader Hardik Patel to join the party. The sources said the BJP would rely on a similar plank in Karnataka where Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, who himself hails from a backward caste (Kuruba), of the Congress is relying on a coalition of OBCs, Dalits and minorities to win a second term. With the Election Commission taking its own time to announce Gujarat poll dates, the Prime Minister plans to inaugurate and lay the foundation stone for a number of projects in Bhavnagar and Vadodara districts.
The Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti has been protesting against the ruling BJP-led government with demands of reservation for Patidar community. "However, the Congress would have to first convince how they would meet our demand for reservations to the Patidars, otherwise it is only an election-oriented promise", Patel told IANS. "I am very happy that Mr Thakor had a meeting with our vice president and agreed to join the Congress party".
Canadian Rescued From Taliban Has Complicated Ties to Osama Bin Laden
Meantime, Boyle's parents say they're waiting to find out precisely when their son and his family will be returning to Canada. It was a risky venture for any couple traveling without escort, especially since Coleman was pregnant with their first child.
The meeting at Rahul's residence was also attended by Ashok Gehlot who is now in-charge of the Congress party's election preparedness in Gujarat and state Congress unit chief Bharat Singh Solanki. I now hear that they are ready to join hands with the Congress.
"I do not intend to contest elections". Mr Vasava had supported Congress in the Rajya Sabha elections held in August. Speaking for the community, Reshma had claimed in her email to Rahul that without clarity on the OBC quota issue, the community would not support the Congress. "We want our right (OBC status) and we will continue to fight for the same", said Patel.
The Congress also invited like-minded parties and leaders including Aam Aadmi Party and Chhotu Vasava, a tribal deader and JD (U) MLA. The Patidar community leader said that it was time for a BJP-mukt Gujarat.
- Kyle Adam Maraghy's Lawyer Says Fan Punched Was Womanizing and Threatening
- Nintendo Switch Helps Nintendo Lead The Video Game Industry In Hardware Sale
- USTR's Lighthizer says White House not actively working to withdraw from NAFTA
- Blac Chyna Is Suing The Entire Kardashian Family For Everything They're Worth
- Mobile kills unlimited data usage when traveling to Canada and Mexico
- Huddersfield vs Manchester United: Potential XI with Juan Mata in midfield
- Suspect arrested after four people stabbed in Munich
- Doom is coming to the Nintendo Switch this November
- 3 white supremacists charged with attempted murder after Richard Spencer speech
- Ford Recalling 1.3 Million Pickups Over Door Issue