Da Gloria Martins says the assailant attacked six people at different locations in the area but only four of them were wounded.
Police issued a description of the suspect, who appeared to be about 40-years-old and riding a black bicycle.
Shortly after Saturday noon, the police said on Twitter that they had caught the suspect.
The motivation for the attack is still unclear as the suspect refused to make a statement during his interrogation by police.
A man with a knife attacked eight people in Munich on Saturday and then fled, police said. "Rather than that, we believe that the perpetrator had psychological problems".
Canadian Rescued From Taliban Has Complicated Ties to Osama Bin Laden
Meantime, Boyle's parents say they're waiting to find out precisely when their son and his family will be returning to Canada. It was a risky venture for any couple traveling without escort, especially since Coleman was pregnant with their first child.
A special German police officer is pictured at the site where earlier a man injured several people in a knife attack in Munich, Germany, on October 21, 2017.
He said police have "no serious doubts" that the suspect was the assailant, and that there was no longer any danger to the public.
"We have no indication of a terrorist, political, or religious motive", Andrae said.
People in the area were warned to stay inside after the attack and police tweeted they were looking for the man "with all available police forces".
- Student suspected to have killed, raped peers in Lokichogio over Sh200 lynched
- Oil rig blast on Louisiana lake leaves man missing, 7 people hurt
- Kyle Adam Maraghy's Lawyer Says Fan Punched Was Womanizing and Threatening
- La Nina to influence winter weather, officials predict
- Google Maps Nixes Mini Cupcake Calories Tracking Feature After Backlash
- GM owes CT, others $120M in ignition flap
- Mobile kills unlimited data usage when traveling to Canada and Mexico
- $10 million reward for 'dirt' on Donald Trump
- Donald Trump won't be state guest as United Kingdom visit downgraded
- USTR's Lighthizer says White House not actively working to withdraw from NAFTA