A Louisiana sheriff says three people remain in critical condition, with two of them in a burn unit after an explosion on an oil and gas platform on a lake near New Orleans.
The Coast Guard was being aided by St. John and St. Charles parishes, Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries, the City of Kenner, the Jefferson Parish East Bank Consolidated Fire Department and East Jefferson Hospital. A Coast Guard helicopter, along with Coast Guard vessels and boats from local agencies, continued looking for the missing worker.
The platform, which is a storage and transfer structure for oil wells on the lake, was still burning, Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joe Lopinto said at a press conference late Sunday.
The explosion was in Jefferson Parish water, but the rig itself is located in unincorporated Jefferson Parish.
Officials said one person was believed to be unaccounted for.
Mike Guillot, director of emergency medical services at East Jefferson General Hospital, said five of the victims were brought to the trauma center with "blast type injuries and burns".
What caused the blast is unclear, but fire investigators are looking at the possibility of a combination of chemicals that may have ignited on the platform and led to the explosion.
Blackberry Motion With 4000 mAh Battery & Touchscreen Display Launched
There is a fingerprint sensor on the front along with Android Nougat 7.1, the same software that came on the BlackBerry KEYone . The side effect is that BlackBerry might not be able to supply as many handsets as it wants, at least initially.
"Several people have been rescued from the active fire on the rig", Harris said.
The Deputy head of the administration of Jefferson parish also reported that the incident injured seven people.
Andrew Love, 32, told the newspaper he was inside his house about 10 blocks away when he heard the explosion.
To the scene, where still you can see the flames, sent the boat with the rescuers.
Authorities searched by air and water Monday for a contractor who disappeared when an oil and gas platform exploded on a lake near New Orleans.
The Coast Guard will be conducting a water quality evaluation as well as the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation.
- Dodgers Take Care of Business, Complete Sweep
- Amazon Debuts (Parent-Controlled) Shopping Accounts for Teens
- $10 million reward for 'dirt' on Donald Trump
- Mobile kills unlimited data usage when traveling to Canada and Mexico
- United States withdraws from UNESCO, the UN's cultural organization, citing anti-Israel bias
- Who Is Jason Behrendorff - India's Tormentor at Guwahati
- Hamas, Fatah sign reconciliation deal in Cairo
- Kyle Adam Maraghy's Lawyer Says Fan Punched Was Womanizing and Threatening
- Trump sends signal with Corker attack - Source Thehill
- Doom is coming to the Nintendo Switch this November