The police, however, did not comment on this.
Additional Director General of Police Siddhinath Gupta said the state police had asked its Sikkim counterpart to intimate them about anyone entering the Northeastern state from Bengal with injuries. "A police vehicle has been set on fire", Sharma told reporters at the State Secretariat.
He has procured arms from them.
Restrictions have been imposed on entry to the village, a Gurung stronghold, and police are conducting raids in the area.
$10 million reward for 'dirt' on Donald Trump
As Flynt notes in the ad, he's offered rewards for information, but with members of Congress. "We need to flush everything out in the open".
Later, police recovered nine AK 47 rifles, a Berretta pistol, a point 22 bore rifle, a musket, a radio manpack, over 1,800 rounds of ammunition, 20 gelatine sticks, more than 1,000 detonators, camping materials, a sophisticated binocular and batteries.
Though Union home minister Rajnath Singh appealed to Gurung to withdraw the indefinite strike in Darjeeling, the Centre must now decide if it wants to involve a "fugitive" in the discussions, said an officer in Kolkata, asking not to be named.
"We will not allow this to happen at any cost, even if we have to make sacrifices", he said.
The police are yet to ascertain the cause of fire.
According to the Newspaper, However, we strongly oppose what the state government is doing in Darjeeling hills.
Gurung has been on the run since August after the West Bengal government lodged cases against him under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act for his involvement in several bomb blasts in Darjeeling and adjoining areas. GJM is an ally of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
- Face ID may make its way to the 2018 iPad Pro
- Who Is Jason Behrendorff - India's Tormentor at Guwahati
- India failed to cause problems for opponents, says Luis Norton De Matos
- Facebook Launches New Feature For Ordering Food Within The App
- Centurion Karunaratne leads the way for Sri Lanka
- Tillerson 'Moron' Comment Followed Trump's Call for Massive Nuclear Buildup
- Hamas, Fatah sign reconciliation deal in Cairo
- Dianne Feinstein to Seek Sixth Senate Term Amid Criticism From Left
- Trump says 'only one thing will work' against North Korea
- Student suspected to have killed, raped peers in Lokichogio over Sh200 lynched