"Dianne's career has been one of firsts - she was the first woman President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, the first woman mayor of San Francisco, the first woman elected Senator of California, and the first woman member of the Senate Judiciary Committee", the statement says. I've got things to fight for. Or from someone who could self-fund what's sure to be an expensive campaign, like progressive billionaire Tom Steyer. And the "jungle primary" system, in which the top two candidates, regardless of party, advance to the general election, is created to have a moderating influence, which could help protect Feinstein.
Feinstein's decision to run again probably foregoes a costly and potentially chaotic primary campaign to succeed her - although progressive Democrats in California have been clamoring for a primary challenge to her, with some in her party believing she is too moderate or accommodating to Republicans in the age of Trump. But pressure from her left has intensified of late. Bernie Sanders, a 2016 Democratic presidential candidate and a potential 2020 challenger. Up-and-coming Democrats have had little room to climb thanks to years of stable leadership from Gov.
"But not let Dianne Feinstein, which is what she wants to do, turn this all into some Christmas tree on the Hill where she brings all her anti-gun circus, she's been trying to do for years, into this", he continued. Barbara Boxer, who were both first elected in 1992.
However, Boxer's retirement allowed former state Attorney General Kamala Harris a year ago to win that Senate seat. Harris moved quickly to back her colleague and try to keep the field clear.Читайте также: Turkey to Impose Further Sanctions on Iraqi Kurdistan
Feinstein, the oldest US senator, was first elected to the chamber in 1992, in a special election.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Garcetti wrote, "In this topsy-turvy world of the Trump administration, we need her seniority and her experience now, more than ever", in an invitation to the fundraiser, which he is co-hosting with his wife, Amy Wakeland.
The Republican Party is virtually extinct statewide in California.
Harris spent almost $15 million on her 2016 campaign, despite having an opponent who never come close to threatening her in the polls.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- India failed to cause problems for opponents, says Luis Norton De Matos
- Blackberry Motion With 4000 mAh Battery & Touchscreen Display Launched
- Students send relief supplies to Puerto Rico
- Hurricane Maria's Aftermath In Puerto Rico — Intersection
- Far-right bloggers blame innocent man for Las Vegas shooting
- For One Day Only, McDonald's Will Sell Szechuan Sauce Again
- May makes light of keynote speech cough with medicine-themed tweet
- US Auto Makers Step Up Plans for Electric Vehicles
- Sheriff: Hard to Believe Las Vegas Gunman Planned Attack Alone
- Google Releases a Multitude of Devices to Counter Amazon, Apple, and... GoPro?