The upcoming Samsung HMD Odyssey is the most expensive option among VR headsets. "We are the only company to have embraced the entire continuum for Mixed Reality", said Kipman explaining this spans, "From Augmented Reality to Virtual Reality - and everywhere in-between".
Samsung is committed to working across platforms to build cutting-edge technology, and we're excited to partner with Microsoft to shape the future of virtual reality - said Alanna Cotton, the VP and General Manager for Samsung Electronics America, in a statement.
HMD Odyssey in the past announced that it would be joining with Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, and Asus to launch a hardware line-up for Microsoft's new mixed Reality platform.
Samsung has a new VR headset, but it's designed for your Windows PC. Microsoft hasn't disclosed plans for a new version. For example, gamers who can't attend the next Xbox event in person may be able to do so using a headset and this app.
So what makes this better than other Windows VR devices?
Windows Mixed Reality (MR) can be a confusing concept. To showcase the HMD Odyssey's capabilities the demonstration unit was running a virtual experience from Microsoft's first-person shooter franchise "Halo", a VR spinoff called "Halo Recruit".
For One Day Only, McDonald's Will Sell Szechuan Sauce Again
The fast food franchise offered a tie-in deal that packed Szechuan dipping sauce in with Chicken McNugget Happy Meals. At first, the chain did almost nothing - it tweeted the words "McNugga Lubba Dub Dub" in a reply to @ RickandMorty .
Halo: Recruit was made by 343 in partnership with VR developer Endeavour One. With inside-out position tracking, users are not restricted to a limited space during their virtual reality experience.
As for the new kid on the block, the HMD Odyssey is priced at $499.99 and is now up for pre-orders via Microsoft and Samsung's site.
The five-minute Halo: Recruit experience features some of Halo's "most iconic characters", which is no doubt a reference to Master Chief and Cortana, at least.
The HMD Odyssey additionally comes with a pair of motion controllers that lets players move around their environment without having to bother about sensors.
With an adjustable control wheel, the Samsung HMD Odyssey is created to provide a comfortable and snug fit.
- 'Venom' movie reportedly adds four-time Oscar nominee Michelle Williams
- Russian Manipulation Of US Elections: Facebook, Twitter And Google Asked To Testify
- Westbrook Signs 5-Year Extension With Thunder
- Iraq Plans to Take Control of the Autonomous Kurdistan's Boundary
- Turkey to Impose Further Sanctions on Iraqi Kurdistan
- Interpol Approves Membership for Palestine
- Rock climber falls from Higher Cathedral Spire in Yosemite
- TODAY'S FORECAST: Sunny, high near 70
- Volkswagen to take €2.5bn hit from emissions scandal
- Trump Waives Pro-Union Shipping Regulations To Send Aid To Puerto Rico