Array: Suicide attackers of the Pakistan-based JeM terror group stormed a BSF camp with guns and explosives near the Srinagar airport on Tuesday morning, triggering battles that left all three attackers and a trooper dead.
A police official said three BSF jawans were injured in the beginning of the attack and a militant was killed in the retaliatory fire.
At 3:45am, fidayeen attackers entered the BSF camp located near the Srinagar worldwide airport, following which there was heavy exchange of gunfire. While civil airport is secured by CRPF, the technical area and outer periphery area of airport is maintained by BSF and Air Force.
Police also said militants entered the BSF's 182 battalion headquarters via a damaged perimeter wall and started firing in all directions. The airport nearby was yet to begin the day's operations.
Apart from the Srinagar International Airport, the only other strategically important airport in Kashmir is the Koil airport in Pulwama, which unlike the Srinagar airport has much heavy security arrangements.
Uber's CEO Apologizes After London Ban, Mayor Backs Talks
As it stands, Uber's licence ends on September 30 but they have said they will definitely be appealing the decision. Uber through a series of tweets said that it would challenge the decision in court.
"Three terrorists were killed, unfortunately, we lost one ASI". One militant was killed and 3 security personnel were injured in the firing exchange that is still underway.
Residents in the neighbourhood said they heard dozens of blasts and intermittent gunfire was still ongoing.
The area close to camp and the Kashmir Valley School were sealed to allow for the search and security operation to continue smoothly.
A senior police official said that militants came from the Friends Colony side of the BSF camp.
The authorities at Srinagar Airport soon after the attack cancelled morning flights while passengers enroute Airport were stopped near Peerbagh.
"I have spoken to the DG, CRPF, and DG, BSF".
- New UKIP leader is Henry Bolton from Kent
- Air France flight with engine damage makes emergency landing
- Catalan police ordered to crack down on disputed ballot
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle can't keep their hands off each other
- Who is San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz Soto?
- Westbrook Signs 5-Year Extension With Thunder
- State Alum, OSU assistant appears in court in federal bribery scandal
- Interpol Approves Membership for Palestine
- Trump Waives Pro-Union Shipping Regulations To Send Aid To Puerto Rico
- Road-weary Dolphins face Saints in London