Puerto Ricans are lashing out at US President Donald Trump after he accused the island's leaders of wanting "everything done for them" as they cope with the devastation brought on by Hurricane Maria last month.
Trump tweeted several days after the hurricane hit Puerto Rico on September 20 that the territory is in "deep trouble", unlike the storm-battered states of Florida and Texas, which he said "are doing great".
"People are now starting to recognize the incredible work that has been done by FEMA and our great Military".
Long said FEMA was dealing with disasters in 20 other states, including the fallout from Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, and said people ought to get rid of the noise and focus on the progress being made.
More rain this weekend may further delay efforts to deliver those supplies.
Che's co-host for the skit, Colin Jost, kicked off the digs by commenting on the president's response to the destruction in Puerto Rico via Twitter.
San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz speaks to a patient at San Francisco Hospital, San Juan.
State Alum, OSU assistant appears in court in federal bribery scandal
Jim Gatto, the director of global sports marketing in basketball for Adidas, was among those charged in the investigation. In April 2016, Evans left SC to join the staff of Brad Underwood, another former Martin assistant, at Oklahoma State.
Pop star Lady Gaga suggested hat President Trump "isn't helping" Puerto Rico because it lacks electoral votes.
His tweets came one day after Cruz issued an emotional plea for help, saying people are dying on the American territory and partially blaming stalled recovery efforts on the federal government's inefficiency and red tape.
Many Twitter users juxtaposed Mr Trump's location with an image of Ms Cruz wading through deep water.
The cold open also featured Aidy Bryant as White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who spoke with Trump about his anti-NFL stance following protests during the National Anthem.
Right off the bat, Cruz addresses the theory Trump floated about her being ordered by Democrats to say mean things about the president. "Where is there good news here?"
After Trump's attack, Cr Cruz tweeted that local life-saving efforts should not face distractions.
Trump has repeatedly responded to questions about Puerto Rico by saying it is an island.
- Meet the new member of the Amazon Echo family: Echo Spot
- Uber's CEO Apologizes After London Ban, Mayor Backs Talks
- Dem lawmaker: Trump should help Puerto Rico instead of dividing country
- 'Venom' movie reportedly adds four-time Oscar nominee Michelle Williams
- Rock climber falls from Higher Cathedral Spire in Yosemite
- Over five lakh Londoners sign petition to save Uber
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: 'We need to be humble in matches'
- Erdogan says Turkey to consider sanctions over Kurdish independence vote: Anadolu
- Volkswagen to take €2.5bn hit from emissions scandal
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle can't keep their hands off each other