The person spoke Friday on condition of anonymity because the team had not disclosed the deal.
The reported contract would run through the 2022-23 season and be worth $235 million over the six years of the deal.
The 28-year-old superstar's whopping contract comes a little over a year after Kevin Durant bailed to join the Golden State Warriors and people can't help but believe there's no mistake he chose to sign on his former teammate's birthday.
Jun 26, 2017; New York, NY, USA; Oklahoma City Thunder player Russell Westbrook poses for photos with his 2017 NBA most valuable player award during the 2017 NBA Awards at Basketball City at Pier 36. The risk in trading for George and Anthony is that both can leave in free agency next summer.
During the final season of his contract, at age 34, Westbrook will make an estimated $46 million. "I am so honoured to have the opportunity to continue my career here with the Thunder". Oklahoma City now has a variety of offensive looks, incorporating George's versatile two-way game and Anthony's isolation scoring alongside Westbrook's thousand-miles-an-hour downhill attack.Читайте также: Trump On Firing Tom Price: 'We'll See'
The Thunder offered Westbrook a five-year maximum extension July 1, but the reigning MVP waited almost three months to make the deal official. Might the Thunder ultimately regret paying Westbrook so much money as he's potentially declining as a player?
In July 2016, the Thunder were rocked by the surprise departure of the all-star Kevin Durant. No way. The mayor of Oklahoma City responded to Westbrook's decision with this pronouncement.
While Westbrook's future is settled, and George's now lurches to the forefront, Anthony dismissed any talk of what he might be thinking long term.
The deal signed Friday begins with the 2018-2019 season.
All the questions and rumors about the long-term future of Westbrook in OKC can now be squashed as the reigning MVP now has the largest contract in National Basketball Association history ($233 million) and will remain with the Thunder until 2023. Although they know Westbrook was interested in staying with them long-term, they knew that the stakes would be higher this time around regarding contract negotiations.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Dem lawmaker: Trump should help Puerto Rico instead of dividing country
- Uber's CEO Apologizes After London Ban, Mayor Backs Talks
- Natural disaster detected near N Korea nuclear test site
- Russian Manipulation Of US Elections: Facebook, Twitter And Google Asked To Testify
- Akash Ambani to launch iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in India
- New UKIP leader is Henry Bolton from Kent
- Interpol Approves Membership for Palestine
- Moscow: Russian general killed in Syria because of USA policy - RIA
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle can't keep their hands off each other
- Rock climber falls from Higher Cathedral Spire in Yosemite