Amazon is also adding higher fidelity equipment to the next-generation Echo in an apparent response to the HomePod.
The problem with the Echo Show is that it was unable to show users their subscriptions or recommendations, two key features on YouTube that Google needs to ensure growth and user engagement. The new smart speaker will have the standard Google package on board, including YouTube, Google Assistant, the ability to control smart home devices, and support for video calls.
Makers in the supply chains for Google Home and Apple's HomePad are also likely to see strong sales in 2018 as Google is set to announce new Google Home devices in October and Apple is to release new HomePod products in December.
It seems that Google is taking another page from Amazon and prepping a smart speaker with a built-in display.
Google developing an Amazon Echo Show competitor: Report
Sources told TechCrunch that the new device will offer Google Assistant, Google Photos and video calling, as well as play YouTube videos and act as a hub to control smart home devices. It's presently vague whether the most recent expansion to the Echo product family will be able to access YouTube. Your Phone number will still be tied to calls so recipients can recognize you.
No information was given on how much the Google Manhattan device will cost, but Amazon's Echo Show now sells for $229.99. That means it can interact with a bevy of connected devices without the need for learning new skills.
It is unlikely that your Echo will suddenly start blasting out the weather report, but it may make a tone sound, or light up part of the ring on your device. The latest version of the device will now support 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) videos with 2160p resolution at the rate of 60 frames per second.
According to sources speaking to TechCrunch, Google is working on its own Echo Show competitor. Google's project to produce a similar piece of hardware is code-named Manhattan and sources indicate there is considerable pressure on the team to release it to market before the end of 2017.
Akash Ambani to launch iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in India
The processor-and this is neat-is a new six-core A11 Bionic chip that's optimized for photography and augmented reality apps. Apple announced the iPhone 8 Plus in a launch event held at Apple Park in Cupertino along with iPhone 8 and iPhone X .
- Oil prices dip due to hike in United States crude production
- Erdogan says Turkey to consider sanctions over Kurdish independence vote: Anadolu
- 'Venom' movie reportedly adds four-time Oscar nominee Michelle Williams
- Moscow: Russian general killed in Syria because of USA policy - RIA
- Rock climber falls from Higher Cathedral Spire in Yosemite
- Over five lakh Londoners sign petition to save Uber
- Westbrook Signs 5-Year Extension With Thunder
- Hurricane Maria could cause unsafe currents along U.S. coast
- Natural disaster detected near N Korea nuclear test site
- Dem lawmaker: Trump should help Puerto Rico instead of dividing country