The engine of an Air France plane from Paris to the United States of America disintegrated in the sky, forcing the aircraft into an emergency landing.
The plane was about an hour off the coast of Canada when the incident occurred, Miguel Amador, a passenger on the flight, said.
Another passenger Daniel McNeely tweeted "one of our engines is slightly blown apart", before posting a picture of the shredded engine taken from inside the plane's cabin.
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle can't keep their hands off each other
We've been waiting so long to see Meghan Markle and Prince Harry together and the first photos of the pair do not disappoint. The couple looked totally comfortable as they held hands and whispered to each other during the match.
The images appeared to show that the inlet, or front part, of the engine had torn off, but the main part of the engine was intact.
The airline said in a statement that no one was injured in the incident. "The passengers are currently being assisted by teams dispatched to the location", says Air France, which is now working to re-route passengers to Los Angeles.
Aircraft on trans-Atlantic flights commonly use Goose Bay Airport in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador for emergency fueling stops.
- Akash Ambani to launch iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in India
- Google launches Android One Moto X4 smartphone for Project Fi users
- Over five lakh Londoners sign petition to save Uber
- New Zealand election stalemate leaves maverick Peters as kingmaker
- Interpol Approves Membership for Palestine
- Moscow: Russian general killed in Syria because of USA policy - RIA
- Natural disaster detected near N Korea nuclear test site
- Uber's CEO Apologizes After London Ban, Mayor Backs Talks
- Saquon Barkley Slayed The Demons of Kinnick Stadium
- China Moves To Limit Fuel, Textile Trade With North Korea