Venom is being directed by Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer from a script written by Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg. Williams would play a district attorney and quite possibly Eddie Brock's (Hardy) love interest. Sony wouldn't comment, but sources say talks are underway. We learned back in August that Emmy Award victor Riz Ahmed is also reportedly in talks to join the cast of Venom.
Her upcoming films include Todd Haynes' "Wonderstruck", Fox's musical "The Greatest Showman on Earth", and Scott's "All the Money in the World", all of which could figure in the awards season conversation. And Williams can conversely bring in some aritistic and creative credibility that will help raise the movie's profile, despite not being part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Williams would be a strong choice for this role, and if she gets it, it will be very interesting to see how she plays off of Hardy.
Saquon Barkley Slayed The Demons of Kinnick Stadium
Barkley looks faster than a speeding bullet and in at least one instance leaped over a lunging cornerback in a single bound. Penn State won the Big Ten championship a year ago in large part because of its quick-strike scoring offense.
Sony's Marvel universemay just be getting a little bigger, as it was recently reported that the studio is courting Manchester by the Sea actress Michelle Williams to star in the upcoming #Marvel comics film, Venom.
Venom is the name of an alien "suit" called a symbiote that first attached itself to Peter Parker's Spider-Man in 1984, before splitting off and finding a new host in Eddie Brock, who relished its malicious streak.
Sony is planning on keeping Venom separate from the universe established by Spider-Man: Homecoming. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing. Venom is reportedly meant to be an R-rated, sci-fi and horror take on the comic book villain.
Production begins this fall on Venom and it is set for an October 5, 2018 release date.
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: 'We need to be humble in matches'
- Interpol Approves Membership for Palestine
- Dem lawmaker: Trump should help Puerto Rico instead of dividing country
- Moscow: Russian general killed in Syria because of USA policy - RIA
- Kylie Jenner Pregnant, Expecting First Child with Travis Scott
- Uber's CEO Apologizes After London Ban, Mayor Backs Talks
- Over five lakh Londoners sign petition to save Uber
- Natural disaster detected near N Korea nuclear test site
- Catalan police ordered to crack down on disputed ballot
- Ryanair To Take A Weeks Leave Off Pilots To Solve "Mess-Up"