A bucket wrapped in an insulated bag caught fire on a packed London subway train Friday, sending commuters stampeding in panic at the height of the morning rush hour.
Prime Minister Theresa May returned to London to chair a meeting of the government's emergency response committee.
The latest version of his travel ban, initially announced in a botched late-January rollout, calls for a ban on people entering the USA from a short list of terror-prone countries that are also Muslim-majority nations.
Earlier on Friday, Trump was accused of betraying intelligence details by telling his 38 million Twitter followers that those responsible for an explosion on an underground train "are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard", before adding "must be proactive!" Trump said in the second tweet.
Stateless Former Georgian President Storms into Ukraine Demanding Citizenship
In December 2015, Georgian authorities stripped Saakashvili of Georgian citizenship as dual citizenship is not allowed in Georgia. And it is all the same to me who breaches the state border, whether fighters in the east or politicians in the west.
It was not immediately clear who was behind the attack or whether the assailant or assailants had been on the radar of British intelligence, as Mr. Trump suggested. "It keeps going and going, and we have to be very smart and we have to be very, very tough - perhaps we're not almost tough enough". Along with advocating for a "larger, tougher" travel ban, the President also suggested shutting down the internet.
Trump was quick to criticise law enforcement in the wake of the attack and implied the assailants had been know to Scotland Yard. "Must be proactive", Trump said in a series of tweets.
Mr Trump has form with London attacks.
Trump is using the incident to defend his travel ban against six Muslim-majority countries. "As London has proven, again and again, we will never be intimidated or defeated by terrorism", he said. "We need the Travel Ban as an extra level of safety!"
President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media before boarding Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017, for a short trip to Andrews Air Force Base and then on to Fort Myers, Fla.to meet with citizens impacted by Hurricane Irma. His post comes ahead of a key Supreme Court hearing next month on the constitutionality of his executive order on the ban.
- Iraq's Kurdish parliament backs September 25 independence referendum
- Russian Federation begins large scale Zapad 2017 military exercise in Belarus
- Apache Struts Security Flaw That Equifax Failed to Patch Responsible for Hack
- Real Madrid star Gareth Bale calls for calm after hard start
- 10 militants dead, nine Egyptian policemen wounded in Cairo shootout
- Colorado's connection to NASA's Cassini mission to Saturn
- Arsenal vs Köln Preview: Gunners begin Europa League journey for first time
- In book, Clinton admits mistakes, casts blame for 2016 loss
- Tesla Increase Range For Free To Help Drivers Escape Irma
- Why 200 pilots from the same airline chucked a sickie