Hurricane Jose remains a 75-mph Category 1 hurricane far east of the Bahamas that is forecast to do an unusual loop before taking a northerly route.
Attention has now turned to Hurricane Jose, which is currently a Category 1 hurricane, with the chance of it moving towards the US. Hurricane Jose, which is taking more of a northerly track, Hurricane Katia, which slammed into Mexico's east coast, and of course Hurricane Irma which made its US landfall in Florida.
After Hurricane Irma devastated islands such as Barbuda, Saint Martin and Anguilla, islanders were braced for the arrival of its fellow hurricane Jose. On Thursday, Sept. 14, Jose is forecast to begin heading west again, eventually moving to a point to the northeast of the Bahamas by 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 16.
As Hurricane Irma dissipates into a tropical depression, forecasters are keeping an eye on yet another storm: Hurricane Jose.
Caicos before Irma
"The storm will remain over warm water for the next several days, and this should allow it to maintain a robust circulation", AccuWeather hurricane expert Dan Kottlowski said. Whether it impacts our forecast is still uncertain. But forecasters warn that long-term forecasts are often off by hundreds of miles.
Because Hurricane Jose is so far from land, the National Hurricane Center has issued no watches or warnings yet.
Meteorologist Eleanor Bell, of The Weather Channel, said: "Models are continuing to struggle to resolve the track of this storm". The loop back toward the coast comes after Jose is expected to travel southwest - essentially backwards - and then move closer to shore.
But while it is expected to bring less devastation than initially feared, Jose has delayed much-needed aid to areas affected by Irma.
Tower Crane Spins As Irma Outer Bands Hit Miami
A construction crane collapsed and fell onto a nearby building as Hurricane Irma blasted South Florida with hurricane-force winds. The city has contacted the contractor and OSHA, and said building officials will assist OSHA "in any way possible".
- Say Goodbye to Star Wars and Marvel Movies on Netflix
- Dembele buzzing after winning Barcelona debut alongside Messi
- DW: Italian family die after falling into volcano
- Tesla Increase Range For Free To Help Drivers Escape Irma
- Nissan's real Tesla rival won't come until late 2018
- Moon presses Putin over North Korea oil supplies
- Pressure mounts on boss De Boer after loss at Burnley
- Nasa captures the strongest solar flares of the past decade
- Facebook Says Sold Political Ads To Russian Company in 2016 Election
- Pennsylvania police discover 'It'-inspired balloons tied to sewer grates