It wasn't immediately clear whether the collapse caused any injuries.
The city has contacted the contractor and OSHA, and said building officials will assist OSHA "in any way possible". That has left the Miami skyline dotted with construction cranes that were not taken down before the storm.
There was a concern the cranes could collapse. The building was still in tact despite the crane's failure.
"We heard a loud crack toward the bay", Ape said. People also posted pictures of the cranes. They planned to run into a stairwell if anything else happened.
A construction crane collapsed and fell onto a nearby building as Hurricane Irma blasted South Florida with hurricane-force winds. Although Miami will miss the worst of Irma's top winds of 130 miles per hour, the Miami has seen gusts of up to 100 miles per hour.
In book, Clinton admits mistakes, casts blame for 2016 loss
Pauley seemed to share some of Clinton's resentment for those who voted against her. "I am done with being a candidate", she said. Before CBS played the interview, Pauley did disclose that CBS owns the company that was publishing Clinton's book.
The city and surrounding areas were under a tornado watch Sunday.
More than two dozen cranes hang over residents' heads with horizontal arms of the tall tower devices hanging loose as they could not be tied down or moved in preparation for Irma.
County officials had already ordered evacuations Wednesday for Miami Beach and the other barrier islands.
An evacuation order was issued for the area where the cranes are located. "Our cranes are still weather vane-ing".
City manager Daniel Alfonso says officials knew Irma could be a serious threat with about a week's notice, and that wasn't enough time to take all the cranes down.
- Kylian Mbappe reveals he turned down Arsene Wenger to sign for PSG
- Nasa captures the strongest solar flares of the past decade
- Cooper shifts emergency focus to western NC as Hurricane Irma nears Florida
- Tropical storm Jose in Atlantic upgraded to hurricane
- Nissan's real Tesla rival won't come until late 2018
- Kevin Anderson aims for maiden Grand Slam final at US Open
- NJ's Menendez Set for Rare Senate Corruption Trial
- Nebraska Preview: Cornhuskers at Oregon
- Say Goodbye to Star Wars and Marvel Movies on Netflix
- United States to Deploy Four Additional THAAD Systems in South Korea