Hillary Clinton opened up about her failed presidential campaign, how she handled losing to a reality TV star, and what that night was really like when she went in expecting to be the first female American president.
Defeated Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton has described Donald Trump's inauguration speech as a "cry from the white nationalist gut". But as the returns came in the celebratory mood began to fade, " Pauley recalled of Clinton's tragic day.
Despite Clinton's denials about the impact of her comment, an internal study conducted on behalf of her campaign suggested that voters were turned off by the quip.
"I think it's a little bit silly to keep talking about 2016", the senator added.
She retreated and hoped this nightmare scenario would pass: "I just kind of went in the bedroom, laid down on the bed, just thought, 'Okay".
While the NY real estate mogul was busy "referencing a nostalgia that would give hope, comfort (and) settle grievances" for millions of Americans, Clinton said she was seeking to offer answers to that resentment, not fan the flames.
Say Goodbye to Star Wars and Marvel Movies on Netflix
Disney , Star Wars , and Marvel films will remain on Netflix until 2019 before they move to Disney's unnamed streaming service . How Disney's launch will impact other major streaming services is a big, looming question - especially for Netflx.
CLINTON: I don't know quite what audience he was playing too other than some, you know, right-wing commentators, right-wing members of Congress, whatever. I thought a lot of his appeals to voters were deplorable.
"I had not drafted a concession speech". It was presented in such a negative way, and I could never get out from under it.
Pauley seemed to share some of Clinton's resentment for those who voted against her.
"I am done with being a candidate", she said.
So tell us more about how Trump is so much different a president than Hillary Clinton would have been.
"I thought his behavior as we saw on the "Access Hollywood" tape was deplorable", Clinton said. But there was one person who could help her cope: Bill. "It didn't matter to them".
Before CBS played the interview, Pauley did disclose that CBS owns the company that was publishing Clinton's book.
- Tropical storm Jose in Atlantic upgraded to hurricane
- Kylian Mbappe reveals he turned down Arsene Wenger to sign for PSG
- Kevin Anderson aims for maiden Grand Slam final at US Open
- NJ's Menendez Set for Rare Senate Corruption Trial
- Trump should emulate North Dakota on tax reform
- US Open: No. 1 seed Karolina Pliskova rolls into US Open quarters
- Stateless Former Georgian President Storms into Ukraine Demanding Citizenship
- European court to review $1.3B fine against Intel
- Pressure mounts on boss De Boer after loss at Burnley
- Fed Vice Chairman Fischer to resign for personal reasons