Tropical Storm Jose continues to strengthen gradually and is now expected to become a hurricane by Wednesday night.
Five days of rain are forecast for most of Mexico's territory due to the effects of storms in the region including Katia, Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Jose, said Luis Felipe Puente, the head of Mexico's national emergency services.
Katia's maximum sustained winds are at 45 miles per hour now, but it's expected to get stronger, and could even strengthen into a Hurricane in a couple of days, forecasters said.
Tropical Depression Thirteen is not expected to move much over the next few days.
The closest land mass Jose will approach is the northern Leeward Islands, the same ones Irma just devastated.
NJ's Menendez Set for Rare Senate Corruption Trial
The expected eight-week trial could also force Menendez to choose between appearing in court and being in Washington for votes. The judge said he was not privy to special, or "preferential treatment" simply because he was a US senator.
It is expected to make landfall on Saturday morning, when it is forecast to become a major hurricane, according to the US National Hurricane Center (NHC).
Also yesterday, the National Weather Service said Hurricane Katia formed in the Gulf off the coast of Mexico with sustained winds of 75 miles per hour. Hurricane watches were issued on Thursday for the area.
Irma is still the storm with the potential to cause the most impact-Jose may not hit land and Katia is relatively stationary.
There is a reason September is known as the heart of hurricane season. Residents in the path of the storm are urged by authorities to comply with local evacuation orders and properly secure their homes and businesses when possible.
Maximum sustained winds are near 80 miles per hour (130 kph) with higher gusts. Tropical Storm Katia formed early Wednesday off the coast of Mexico.
Katia has triggered a hurricane warning in parts of Mexico, from Cabo Rojo to Laguna Verde, and a tropical storm warning is in place north of Cabo Rojo to Rio Panuco and south of Laguna Verde to Puerto Veracruz.
- Say Goodbye to Star Wars and Marvel Movies on Netflix
- The announcement of the smartphone Samsung Galaxy J7+
- Kono urges China, Russia to up pressure on N. Korea
- Pennsylvania police discover 'It'-inspired balloons tied to sewer grates
- Prince William and Kate Middleton announce they're expecting third child
- Netflix Offered for Free on T-Mobile's Unlimited Family Plan
- Kylian Mbappe reveals he turned down Arsene Wenger to sign for PSG
- Nasa captures the strongest solar flares of the past decade
- Facebook Says Sold Political Ads To Russian Company in 2016 Election
- Moon presses Putin over North Korea oil supplies