Rising star Kylian Mbappe tried to explain his big-money move to Paris Saint-Germain from Monaco on Monday after receiving fierce criticism from hardcore Monaco fans.
The teenage sensation swapped Ligue 1 champions Monaco for PSG in a loan move that will be made permanent ahead of next season for a reported €180million.
PSG secured Mbappe less than a month after signing Brazilian superstar Neymar from Barcelona in a world record 222 million euro ($264 million) deal.
PSG were said to be eager to offload members of their squad in order to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations during the summer with the Germany worldwide one of those who saw his future come under doubt alongside Angel di Maria and Lucas Moura.
'It gives me great pleasure to join one of the biggest clubs in the world, which possesses the ingredients to become the best, ' he said.
"My price is anecdotal - it will not weigh me down".
Largest fire in Los Angeles' history burns on city's outskirts, homes evacuated
Hundreds of homes were evacuated Friday and Saturday morning, and one home was destroyed Saturday before noon in the Tujunga area. At a certain point, firefighters were dealing with 40 miles per hour winds and flames 100 feet in height, according to the L.A.
"He is an additional advantage", said Mbappe. "However, I came for the project".
"It will be an extraordinary experience to play with him".
'I had the opportunity to talk with the coach, how he wanted to use me, ' he said.
"We are very confident in our position and in our recruitment", he told reporters. "We have nothing to hide", Al-Khelaifi added.
"We (Monaco) could not understand to the very end whether this deal was really possible as UEFA had questions to PSG about their compliance with financial fair-play", Vasilyev told Russian news agency TASS.
"I'm an ambitious player who always wants to improve". It's not our problem if other clubs aren't happy.
- Kvitova tops Muguruza in US Open fourth round
- Iran rejects US demand for inspection of its military sites
- Corinne Olympios doesn't blame DeMario over sex scandal
- Apple Joins Latest Battle Over Net Neutrality
- Florida suspends 2 more for MI game, including leading rusher
- Kono urges China, Russia to up pressure on N. Korea
- Minnesota National Guard Deployed to Texas
- Delhi: Landfill collapsed in Ghazipur
- LG's new V30 smartphone is a video and audio powerhouse
- Eyes on Jacob Eason in Georgia vs. Appalachian State