As if that was not enough, Mikel Obi, with a corner kick taken by Victor Moses, slipped in the second goal at the 41 minute.
Leading the Group B of the qualifiers with nine points from three matches, the Super Eagles know that a victory today in Yaoundé will all but sealed the Russian Federation 2018 ticket, especially if the match involving Algeria and Zambia ended evenly.
The Super Eagles of Nigeria are now in Cameroon for the second leg of the World Cup qualification encounter.
Nigeria took a massive step towards qualifying for the 2018 World Cup after they smashed past the African champions 4-0 in Uyo on Friday.
Mikel Obi and Victor Moses ran the Indomitable Lions ragged in Uyo.
Nigeria travel to Youande for the fourth group game against Cameroon which will be played on Monday, September 4. "I don't think this is possible".
Here's Everything That's New in the iPhone 8
The device will also sport an OLED screen , which makes it brighter and more colorful compared to its predecessors. Apple's rumored to launch the smartphone with a button free front facade, following in the Galaxy S8's footsteps.
"The most important thing is to come back [despite the embarrassing first leg] like we did before the 2017 Afcon. If the players have the same attitude as me, we will fight to beat Nigeria".
They visit Cameroon on Monday, with a draw putting them in position to start preparing for the 2018 World Cup finals.
"It is going to be very hard to qualify", he accepted after a late Thomas Partey goal salvaged a 1-1 home draw with bottom-of-the-table Congo in Kumasi. "So, I can say we have two good centre forwards who are ready to play on Monday".
South Africa, hoping to open up a lead in Group D, scored early but conceded twice in five minutes to go down away 2-1 to the tiny Cape Verde Islands in a massive blow to their hopes.
"They actually played a fine football today; I commend them for their brilliant performances, they have made the country proud and I want them to maintain this level of play".
Ghana, who have been to the last three World Cups, are way off the pace in Group E after being held at home by Congo.
- The announcement of the smartphone Samsung Galaxy J7+
- Prince William and Kate Middleton announce they're expecting third child
- Ahead of the Bell: Economy-GDP
- Iran rejects US demand for inspection of its military sites
- Turkey protests U.S. indictment charging Erdogan's security
- Bama uses familiar recipe to beat Florida State
- Gas prices spike in London to $131.9/L
- Apple Joins Latest Battle Over Net Neutrality
- Florida suspends 2 more for MI game, including leading rusher
- Texans dedicating season to Houston-area storm victims