Arkansas is sending 1,500 National Guardsmen to Texas to help the state as it recovers from Harvey.
Oklahoma National Guard officials say soldiers from the 179th Infantry Regiment and the 45th Infantry Brigade Combat Team will form a task force to provide security, distribution, maintenance and shelter operations. After the discussion, and in light of Texas' need, Hutchinson chose to send the troops, the release said. "Guardsmen will be leaving tomorrow, and the deployment could extend up to 30 days". He has led a team of two helicopters that have conducted search-and-rescue missions, supply drops and general support.
In 2005, the Arkansas Guard sent about 3,000 troops to the Gulf Coast to assist Hurricane Katrina recovery, said Spc.
"The Iowa National Guard has responded to more than a dozen different domestic response missions since 2005, including Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav, so this is a mission we're very familiar with", he said.
United States shoots down ballistic missile in test amid recent North Korean provocations
The USS John Paul Jones , a guided-missile destroyer successfully launched an SM-6 interceptor missile to shoot down the target. The U.S. has lost a few Aegis destroyers in recent months, hindering missile defense in a volatile region.
The massive Chinook helicopters have two engines, two sets of rotors and a loading ramp in the back.
The 10 Pennsylvania National Guard soldiers will join six Pennsylvania Air National Guard Airmen, who already deployed earlier this week.
"It's been very rewarding to know we're helping our own people in their time of need", he said. This is why America has a National Guard.
- Astros and Rangers to play at Tropicana Field
- LGBTQ Advocates To Fight President Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Daesh evacuation deal from Lebanon border angers Iraq, US-led coalition
- So, Kim Kardashian Once Said She Was Taylor Swift's "Biggest" Fan
- Judge tosses top charges in Penn State fraternity death
- LG's new V30 smartphone is a video and audio powerhouse
- Rouhani: IAEA unlikely to inspect Iran's military facilities
- Eyes on Jacob Eason in Georgia vs. Appalachian State
- Here's Everything That's New in the iPhone 8
- Texans dedicating season to Houston-area storm victims