Merkel said that the fact that she had chose to keep the border open for refugees was an important and correct decision in an "exceptional humanitarian situation".
"The sanctions will be canceled when the cause is eliminated", she said at a press conference on Tuesday.
"Regarding the euro zone, we have very positive data".
She said that the spat between Warsaw and Brussels touches on "the basis of cooperation inside the European Union".
He added that she seemed to "have no plan at all" to deal with the issue of pollution from diesel emissions that exceeds the limits of several cities. After the shocking defeats, Merkel, with tail between legs, said - "If I could, I would turn back time for many, many years, to prepare better".
She hoped Russia's "flagrant breach" of territorial integrity over Crimea would not be repeated elsewhere, such as in the Baltics.
Read more Angela Merkel from A to Z
In Paris, meanwhile, French President Emmanuel Macron prepared to host a summit of Europe's "big four" continental powers including Germany, as well as three African nations to tackle Europe's migrant crisis.
"If campaigning means to some that it's only good when two sides are screaming at each other, then that's not what I have in mind when it comes to campaigning", Merkel told a packed room of reporters in Berlin on Tuesday.
"It's a very complicated phase in our relations", she said.
"We can not shut ourselves off and continue as before", she said. She said the goal was to put an end to illegal migration.
Supporters of the far-right, anti-immigrant Alternative for Germany (AfD) party jeered her throughout a 30-minute campaign speech in the eastern city of Bitterfeld-Wolfen hours after Merkel declared comments by a top AfD official to be racist.
A leading candidate for the party, Alexander Gauland, drew fire this week after he insulted Merkel's integration minister, Aydan Ozoguz, over an op-ed she wrote questioning the nature of German culture.
Microsoft Discontinues Original Xbox One
The Xbox One S also has a more powerful CPU, is quieter than the launch Xbox One and comes with various hard-drive sizes. A year ago the software giant released the Xbox One S that was white and had a trimmed look as that of a robot.
- Kushner promises to present peace plan within four months
- Florida suspends 2 more for MI game, including leading rusher
- LG's new V30 smartphone is a video and audio powerhouse
- Potential Tropical Cyclone Ten: Tropical Storm Watches issued for ENC
- Monday, August 28th Forecast: Not much relief from the heat this week
- USA hospital worker claims huge Powerball lottery jackpot - and quits job
- Turkey protests U.S. indictment charging Erdogan's security
- Trump To Kick Off First Major Tax Reform Effort In 30 Years
- Transgenders can stay in U.S. military for now: Mattis
- Rouhani: IAEA unlikely to inspect Iran's military facilities