"It's impossible for us to think based on the coverage that we're seeing out of Houston that there's going to baseball that needs to be played and will be played", he told reporters in Anaheim on Sunday. They'd visit the Rangers in Arlington for this week's three-game set, and host the series originally scheduled to be played in Arlington on September 26.
The Rangers are three games out of a playoffs spot, and moving their late-September series to Houston would haved forced them to play four straight road series down the stretch. "They wanted all six games at their park", he added.
Another option was swapping their series scheduled for September, but the Rangers refused due to the fact it would have created a 12-game road trip. Maybe the Houston Astros will be the team to fill that role in 2017. The Astros announced that they could also play the Mets in Tampa as well. The proceeds will used for relief for the victims in the Houston area and South Texas from the devastating effects of Hurricane Harvey.
Jewish delegation to United Nations head Guterres
Besides Israel and the Palestinian territories, Macron said the trip will include Lebanon and Jordan. Earlier, Guterres met with the head of the Palestinian police Maj.
The Rangers are now three games behind the Minnesota Twins for the second wild card spot in the American League with 32 games left to be played and a switch with the Astros would have created a tough end of the season road trip, which Daniels also addressed on The Fan.
Houston will lose three home games this week, and maybe more if the flood waters keep rising. Both teams were in California this past weekend, with the Rangers in Oakland and the Astros taking on the Angels.
The Astros announced Monday that owner Jim Crane and the team's foundation would donate $4 million .
But sources said the Mets-Astros series is likely to be played in Florida and that a formal announcement wasn't made to give the Astros more time to decide if playing at Minute Maid Park will become more feasible in the next few days.
Major League Baseball announced the schedule change on Monday and said the Astros "will be considered the home team and will bat last".
The Texas Rangers have come under fire for their seeming refusal to accommodate the Houston Astros in a time of crisis, but the team's general manager says there is more to the story than the way it has been presented. Additionally, the Rangers are on the fringe of the American League wild card race, sitting 3 games behind the Minnesota Twins.
- Picture-in-Picture Working in Google Maps for Android Oreo Users
- Monday, August 28th Forecast: Not much relief from the heat this week
- North American Trade Reps Start Talks on NAFTA Overhaul
- Thailand's former prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, may have fled
- USA hospital worker claims huge Powerball lottery jackpot - and quits job
- Daesh evacuation deal from Lebanon border angers Iraq, US-led coalition
- Potential Tropical Cyclone Ten: Tropical Storm Watches issued for ENC
- Family of Six Drowns Fleeing Hurricane Harvey Floods
- Kushner promises to present peace plan within four months
- U11 Android Oreo update release time line revealed