Heat records are expected to be broken in Los Angeles and Ventura counties, while an excessive heat warning will be in effect through Wednesday for Orange County, San Diego, western Riverside and southwestern San Bernardino counties. The lowest high in the seven-day forecast will be a sunny and hot 102 degrees on August 3.
Triple digits will return across the board in the valley by Thursday with excessive heat warning criteria Friday, Saturday and possibly into Sunday. Anyone working or exercising outside risk dehydration and heat-related illnesses. Highs in El Cajon and Escondido are expected to reach 102, which would match the records in both cities for the date.
The smoke and heat should start to disappear by Tuesday of next week, she said, as westerly winds help clear out smoke and keep temperatures in the upper 80s.
San Diego County offers a number of "cool zones" for older residents and others to escape the heat during the summer months. July was the second hottest on record in the city, with temperatures reaching 100 degrees or higher on all but three days.
Thailand's former prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, may have fled
It is believed he travels between homes in London, Dubai, Hong Kong and Singapore. "Now the people have to fight for themselves". The junta that seized control of Thailand has since suppressed dissent and banned political gatherings of more than five people.
During that same period, San Diego International Airport will record highs of 84, 91 and 88.
The National Weather Service said hot and dry conditions this week will elevate fire danger in Southern California for early this week.
The National Weather Service is forecasting highs of 108 in Fresno and 109 in Bakersfield.
The advisory is in effect from 11 a.m. Sunday to 9 p.m. Monday as temperatures could reach as high as the low 100s in some areas. Take precautions to avoid heat illness.
- Here's why Taylor Swift's new single might sound familiar
- USA hospital worker claims huge Powerball lottery jackpot - and quits job
- Potential Tropical Cyclone Ten: Tropical Storm Watches issued for ENC
- How Much Will Conor McGregor And Floyd Mayweather Make For Their Fight?
- Gwyneth rocks engagement ring on 'Avengers' set
- Oxfordshire GCSE results day 2017
- Casper Can Recycle Eclipse Glasses to Astronomers Without Borders
- Walmart will use Google to reach the digital consumer
- Picture-in-Picture Working in Google Maps for Android Oreo Users
- U11 Android Oreo update release time line revealed