Regardless of how the system develops, the low was expected to cause increased winds and rough surf along the Georgia, North and SC coasts on Sunday and through mid-week.
Tropical storm wind conditions with wind speeds of 20-30 miles per hour and gusts up to 50 mph are possible along the Grand Strand through Tuesday, according to the watch advisory.
Even if the storm is not named, impacts will still be felt along our coast.
The National Weather Service has issued a tropical storm watch for a portion of the coast of North and SC.
This weather system, for now, has been dubbed Potential Tropical Cyclone Ten - a naming convention used to identify features that have a chance to develop into a tropical depression or storm, but could bring tropical storm-like impacts to the coast soon - by the National Hurricane Center (NHC).
The Hurricane Center may initiate advisories for the potential development of a tropical cyclone off the Southeast coast as early as this afternoon, DiGiorgi said in a release.
FOX 5 Storm Team monitoring tropical system off Georgia coast
Low pressure over Florida will move up the coast of the Carolinas by the end of this weekend and into early next week.
A trough of low pressure extending from the eastern Gulf of Mexico continues to produce a large area of disorganized cloudiness and thunderstorms.
The forecast says that the system will move slowly toward the SC coast Sunday night and Monday.
RIP CURRENTS AND EROSION: Dangerous rip currents are likely Monday and Tuesday as gusty northeast winds create very rough surf.
CLOSER TO HOME, for the rest of the afternoon, expect a mix of sun and clouds with a breezy east to northeast wind at times.
North American Trade Reps Start Talks on NAFTA Overhaul
Exports of goods to Mexico and Canada have more than tripled, from $142 billion to $517 billion. The president's renewed threat Tuesday reignited such concerns.
- New York Yankees: Brawl with Detroit Tigers; suspensions inevitable
- Kushner promises to present peace plan within four months
- Secret Superstar Movie First Song 'Main Kaun Hoon' Released
- Giants WR Odell Beckham could miss season opener vs Cowboys
- SC parents name newborn daughter in honor of total solar eclipse
- Casper Can Recycle Eclipse Glasses to Astronomers Without Borders
- USA hospital worker claims huge Powerball lottery jackpot - and quits job
- Gwyneth rocks engagement ring on 'Avengers' set
- Here's why Taylor Swift's new single might sound familiar
- Melee Breaks Out at Charlottesville City Council Meeting