The second largest jackpot in USA history, $758.7 million, has been won by a single ticket bought in small town MA in an historic individual bonanza, lottery officials said on Thursday.
"I've called them and told them I will not be coming back", Mavis Wanczyk said.
Wanczyk made a decision to take a lump-sum payment of $480.5 million or $336 million after taxes, rather than claim the full amount over time, according to the state lottery.
Wanczyk worked at a hospital for 32 years but quit when she won.
"We just all happen to be the lucky people involved, that's all", he said. Two were computer-generated Powerball tickets, and three used numbers that she chose.
The couple's daughter, Marlee Wanczyk, told The Republican newspaper at the time of Sheremeta's arraignment that her father was a "wise-cracker" who enjoyed playing practical jokes.
"We're happy for our customer and we're happy for the charities that we are going to give our commission to", Bolduc said. "He says, 'Sign that ticket now, '" she told reporters Thursday.
"The phone started ringing at 8 o'clock" Bolduc said.
How Much Will Conor McGregor And Floyd Mayweather Make For Their Fight?
And people in the Boston area most certainly will be filling up the numerous Irish bars around the Hub to cheer for McGregor . Despite McGregor's mixed martial arts expertise, he's yet to compete with a professional boxer in a sanctioned fight.
"We apologize for the confusion this created and remain thrilled that a jackpot winning ticket and two $1 million winning tickets were sold here in MA".
Massachusetts State Lottery officials said Wanczyk bought a total of five tickets.
The Searsport store is expected to receive a $20,000 bonus for selling the $1 million ticket, according to a report in the Portland Press Herald.
Powerball is played in 44 states, as well as Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
By Massacusetts law, Lord would be entitled to half the winnings if he had married Wanczyk-a hefty sum of $168 million.
Tom Rietz, a professor at the University of Iowa who researches probabilities, says it's hard for people to fathom what odds of one in 292.2 million mean.
It snapped a string of 20 consecutive draws without a Powerball jackpot victor.
The jackpot for Wednesday night's drawing reached $758.7 million.
- Rocket League Switch Has Nintendo Cars!
- Authorities: Man tried to blow up Confederate statue in Houston park
- New York Yankees: Brawl with Detroit Tigers; suspensions inevitable
- Jaguars name Blake Bortles starting QB for regular season
- North American Trade Reps Start Talks on NAFTA Overhaul
- Pyongyang rails against US-South Korea war games
- Led Airstrikes Kill 167 Civilians in Syria
- Thailand's former prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, may have fled
- Secret Superstar Movie First Song 'Main Kaun Hoon' Released
- Being 'constructive', Britain outlines ways to end European Union court supremacy