And people in the Boston area most certainly will be filling up the numerous Irish bars around the Hub to cheer for McGregor.
There will be no titles on the line, only a gaudy "Money Belt" with a strap made from crocodile leather and featuring 24 karat gold, 3,360 diamonds along with sapphires and emeralds, but much will be riding on the result.
After the fight, Hague was hospitalized and died two days later in an Edmonton hospital.
Mayweather "can go 12 rounds in his sleep", as gifted Southland trainer Manny Robles told me, so he can be intent to let McGregor start to tire after three rounds of intense pursuit.
For McGregor, a victory would give him the greatest upset in combat sports history and establish him as a crossover star able to choose big money fights in both the octagon and the ring.
Despite McGregor's mixed martial arts expertise, he's yet to compete with a professional boxer in a sanctioned fight.
McGregor previously teased his fans via social media about a possible Mayweather matchup.
Jaguars name Blake Bortles starting QB for regular season
Henne got the start over Bortles during the team's third preseason game and many assumed that the job would be his. Asked how he thought the quarterback competition would turn out this upcoming week, Bortles said he had no idea.
But the Las Vegas smart money is all streaming towards Mayweather with reports of several $1 million bets being laid on the "Money Man".
"You can't beat us - we've already taken over", McGregor bellowed.
"Fifty and oh! Fifty and oh!" shouted one Mayweather fan, trying to drown out the "Olés!" and chants of "There's only one Conor McGregor!" from the green-clad hordes of Irish fans.
Aside from McGregor's cocky assurances there is little in the tale of the tape to tip an upset. "I think Mayweather dances around the ring too much".
When the two met face to face one final time, McGregor railed off a flurry of inaudible trash talk while Mayweather stood silently, perhaps waiting for his chance to fight back on Saturday. He has to hope that being close and landing one of his heavy left hands will affect the40-year-old, five-division world champion who hasn't fought in nearly two years.
Meanwhile, Waseem believes there is a bigger and better fight on September 16 that everyone should look out for.
"Of course I've got Floyd Mayweather", USC linebacker Bryson Allen-Williams said.
- New York Yankees: Brawl with Detroit Tigers; suspensions inevitable
- Casper Can Recycle Eclipse Glasses to Astronomers Without Borders
- U11 Android Oreo update release time line revealed
- Here's why Taylor Swift's new single might sound familiar
- North American Trade Reps Start Talks on NAFTA Overhaul
- Gwyneth rocks engagement ring on 'Avengers' set
- You'll never guess Trump's nickname for anti-Trump GOP Senator Jeff Flake
- Apple says it's pulling popular apps in Iran due to U.S. regulations
- OH judge shot in 'ambush' outside courthouse, returns fire at attacker
- SC parents name newborn daughter in honor of total solar eclipse