Hiring increased in 11 US states in July, while the unemployment rate tumbled to record lows in two states, the Labor Department reported Friday. Nebraska added more than 14,000 jobs in the 12-month period between July 2016 and July 2017, with almost 1,300 additional jobs in manufacturing.
July employment was down by an estimated 7,500 jobs from the same month in 2016, or 2.1 percent. "The commonwealth's rate remained above that of the United States, which was down one-tenth of a percentage point from June to 4.3 percent". The 1.5 percent job growth rate equaled the national rate and was the strongest in a year.
He makes sure to also note that California's labor force participation rate-measuring almost 62 percent in June-is among the lowest it has been since the 1970s. This seasonal economy can lead to wide fluctuations in employment levels from month to month, Weaver said, but the year-over trend is what gives a better picture of the overall job market.
Compared to July 2016, Arkansas' nonfarm payroll employment is up 32,900.
Government lost 1,100 jobs since July past year, with the declines coming in state and local government. "Over the year, the Pennsylvania rate declined by one-half of a percentage point".
Target to buy software startup for faster product delivery
The first Target store opened in Roseville, Minnesota, in 1962 and the parent company was renamed the Dayton Corporation in 1967. Target plans to expand the service to other NY locations this year, and then bring it to other major cities next year.
Education and health services added 1,300 (+0.2 percent) jobs over the month. Over the year, other services are up 2,000 (+1.5 percent) jobs. Jobs in trade, transportation, and utilities increased 5,400.
The estimates from the Bureau of Labor Statistics show MA lost 200 jobs in July.
Downtown, the job growth was primarily in the leisure and hospitality sector, which includes positions in bars, restaurants and entertainment venues. Only Oregon with a 2.9 percent increase had a bigger gain, the bureau said.
Employment in professional and business services increased by 6,700. Government reported the largest decline, down 1,100.
- Why does a WWI general merit a Trump tweet?
- WRAPUP 1-US retail sales post biggest increase in seven months
- Powerball Jackpot of $600 Million Aligned With Eclipse?
- No confrontation between Indian, Chinese troops in Arunachal Pradesh
- Confrontation with North Korea not imminent
- North Korea crisis: United States and South Korea to conduct joint exercise
- BetVictor offers 100/1 for McGregor to beat Mayweather
- Stabbing attack in Finland leaves 1 dead, several wounded
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-N.Korea standoff
- Kier Group plc (KIE) Receives GBX 1513.80 Average Target Price from Analysts