The man who stabbed to death two persons on Friday in Turku, in south-western Finland, is a Moroccan 18-year-old announced on Saturday that the police who opened an investigation for terrorism.
Police have said it was likely the suspect acted alone, but added they were looking for "other possible perpetrators".
While news agency AFP claimed that one person was killed, BBC said two were killed un the attack.
A woman with a baby was among those attacked by a man with a large knife, an eyewitness said.
A man was shot dead by police this afternoon after stabbing multiple people in the Puutori-Market Square area. The city dates to the 13th century and boasts a medieval fortress known as the Turku Castle.
The centre of Turku was cordoned off after the attack, which took place just after 4pm local time, although the area was reopened several hours later. "We must not let this succeed", Paula Risikko, the country's interior minister, said on Twitter.
It's confirmed! Shraddha Kapoor to star opposite Prabhas in 'Saaho'
But it is Shraddha Kapoor who has been zeroed in as Prabhas' heroine for the action-thriller. The Bollywood debut of Prabhas had been the most anticipated topics for the audience.
Police officials were quoted in the media as saying that the suspected attacker was shot in the leg and nabbed.
On Twitter, police urged people to avoid that part of Turku. "We understood he had stabbed someone", she told YLE.
"The act is utterly deplorable and an exceptionally serious violent offense in the Finnish context - it is deeply shocking for us all", Prime Minister Juha Sipilä said on the government website.
Finland also raised its emergency readiness across the country after the stabbing, increasing security at airports and train stations and putting more officers on the streets.
The terrifying incident comes just a day after a van mowed down pedestrians in Barcelona, Spain, killing 14 and injuring more than 100 others according to Mirror UK.
- Aussie Deputy PM is a New Zealander
- Huawei Mate 10 Official Launch Teaser Leaked
- Dunford says U.S. military options only if sanctions fail: South Korea
- Powerball Jackpot of $600 Million Aligned With Eclipse?
- Why does a WWI general merit a Trump tweet?
- Transfer window 'to shut before start of Premier League seasons'
- Confrontation with North Korea not imminent
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-N.Korea standoff
- Jinder Mahal vs. John Cena
- Sensex, Nifty trade in green; Infosys gains 3% on share buyback proposal