The Spanish Super Cup has a special value, and even more against Barcelona.
Probed on how close he is to agreeing fresh terms, the 25-year-old told reporters: "It will be done soon, we're very close". "Real Madrid and I are not going to argue, never".
Bale maintains he's happy to stay with Los Blancos but, with the possible arrival of Kylian Mbappe from Monaco, he could find himself further down the pecking order.
Madrid, as champions of La Liga last season, play the second fixture at home against Copa del Rey winners Barcelona, who will be featuring in their first competitive match under new coach Ernesto Valverde.
Real Madrid had some poor results and performances in pre-season, but improved dramatically when defeating Manchester United 2-1 in the European Supercup on Tuesday night.
Former team mate Claude Makelele says his success comes down to understanding his players
However, his situation at Real Madrid underwent a dramatic U-turn in the second part of the season following Gareth Bale's injury.
There was simply no stopping the former Malaga playmaker from that moment as he helped Real Madrid to four wins in their final four matches of the campaign.
REAL MADRID boss Zinedine Zidane has been rewarded with a new three-year deal, according to reports.
Madrid visit Camp Nou on Sunday for the first leg of the Spanish season's curtain raiser looking to add to the UEFA Super Cup title they won by beating Manchester United 2-1 this week.
"I know that when we go out onto the pitch we are united".
The 'Despacito' video just broke 3 billion views on YouTube
The SAN JUAN-filed video, which debuted in JANUARY, features the original FONSI/YANKEE track rather than the BIEBER remix. He now ranks as the most-listened artist globally on Spotify, having recently surpassed Ed Sheeran.
- Toyota and Mazda to jointly build a $1.6 Billion US Assembly Plant
- Guam: Small But Important Piece of US Territory in Pacific
- Christie says Mueller is being 'responsible' in Russian Federation inquiry
- Microsoft launches Surface hardware subscription model
- Venezuela uses 'excessive force to crush dissent'
- Ex-Oregon State QB Matt Moore takes command of Miami Dolphins offense
- Tillerson says Russian Federation willing to discuss Ukraine
- Taylor Swift fans are using the power of the Post
- More wet weather for parts of North Carolina
- North Korea Frees Canadian Pastor Sentenced to Life of Hard Labor