"We have vetted this message through the Mariana Regional Fusion Center (MRFC) as well as reached out to our Navy partners", he said.
"Basically, we established a quick communication network which is the first thing that we have to put in place so that we will be able to warn them (Filipinos) about the impending threat", he said.
"Well, as far as I know, especially regarding Filipinos in Guam, the embassies and consulates in general - including the one in Agana, Guam - have contingency plans which are regularly updated to enable them to respond to emergencies", Abella noted.
An academic says Guam is being used as a pawn in the confrontation between the North Korea and the United States.
Havana to investigate 'symptoms' found on US Diplomats
Towards the end of previous year , U.S. diplomats began to suffer mysterious hearing loss, according to investigators. Ms Nauert said the government was taking it "very seriously, and there is an investigation now under way".
Abella said the government is prepared with contingency plans in case the North Korean government pursues its threat to launch missiles aimed at the waters off the coast of Guam. "He can just go berserk or insane", Guerrero said.
'But I have to say, I'm not laughing now, ' he said. "Our best diplomats, strategists, negotiators, and problem solvers must be at or near the table of the National Security Council".
Guam's proximity to the Korean peninsula is also what makes it an attractive target for North Korea. Chamorros are the indigenous people of Guam.
It's not the first time North Korea has threatened Guam, which is a crucial, strategic hub for USA forces in the Pacific.
The United States has maintained a regular bomber presence in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region since 2004. An attack or threat to Guam is a threat or attack on the United States.
- Trump's approval rating plunges to new low following GOP's health care fiasco
- Chinese tourists detained for giving Nazi salute in Berlin
- 2 killed, 9 injured in gas explosion at Minneapolis school
- Tropical Storm Franklin Not Threat To Bermuda
- The 'Despacito' video just broke 3 billion views on YouTube
- Bad news for Windows Insiders hoping to try Windows 10 Redstone 4
- Tillerson says Russian Federation willing to discuss Ukraine
- Ex-Oregon State QB Matt Moore takes command of Miami Dolphins offense
- More wet weather for parts of North Carolina
- Gay marriage vote set to go postal