Increased potential for flooding will accompany the heavy rainfall that is predicted to range from 3 to 6 inches, according to the weather service.
A shower may linger into Tuesday, otherwise partly sunny with high temperatures reaching into the upper 70s. Thursday should be cloudy through the day before storms return in the evening. Winds SE around 5 miles per hour. There will be a 40 percent chance of rain at night. We dry out on Tuesday and Wednesday bring sunshine back in West Michigan before the next chance for showers work back in later in the week. For the most part though, you're looking at partly cloudy skies.
Overall, more sun and less rain can be expected Wednesday across central North Carolina.
SATURDAY: Partly cloudy skies and a few rain showers will be possible, with a high temperature of 84 degrees. There will be a 50 percent chance of rain.
Storm chances will continue through early next week with heavy rain possible.
Tropical Storm Franklin Not Threat To Bermuda
Tropical Storm Franklin has emerged in the Caribbean off the Honduras coast and is heading for Mexico's Yucatan peninsula. The CSU Tropical Meteorology Project team is predicting a total of 11 additional named storms to form after August 1.
The thunderstorms will be scattered and mainly in the afternoon or evening. Mostly cloudy with a low around 72. Highs on Sunday will be cooler (low 80s) due to more cloud cover in the mountains.
It will be slightly warmer on Friday with a high of about 82 degrees, forecasters say.
Tropical Storm Franklin weakens over the Yucatan Peninsula.
Friday night: A chance of showers. As of right now we are not expecting severe storms. Cloudy, with a low around 65.
Tonight: Partly Cloudy, Isolated Showers (20%). It's still a little too far out to pinpoint the precise timing and location of the weekend rain, but plan on more scattered showers and storms throughout the day on Saturday. Cloudy, with a low around 67.
- British model 'kidnapped in Milan for Dark Web auction'
- Rain Chances Return Thursday
- Town mayor killed as Philippines war on drugs escalates
- Microsoft launches Surface hardware subscription model
- Police believe child found dead in van was in vehicle all day
- Antonio Conte hopes new signings will spare Chelsea the 'curse of champions'
- Venezuela uses 'excessive force to crush dissent'
- Strong dollar imperils economy and jobs, RBA warns
- Chinese tourists detained for giving Nazi salute in Berlin
- Sunday's episode of Game of Thrones has leaked online