Over the next two days, the National Hurricane Center now gives it a 0% chance of formation.
Tropical Storm Franklin forms in the northwest Caribbean Sea.
From there, the system is expected to make landfall on mainland Mexico. It has maximum sustained winds of 35 miles per hour and it is moving west-northwest at 12 miles per hour.
Tropical storm watches and warnings have been issued for Mexico and Belize.
Tropical Storm Franklin has emerged in the Caribbean off the Honduras coast and is heading for Mexico's Yucatan peninsula.
At 1 p.m., the storm had maximum sustained winds of 60 miles per hour, holding from the last report at 8 a.m.
Toyota and Mazda to jointly build a $1.6 Billion US Assembly Plant
As well as Toyota taking a 5% stake in Mazda , the tie-up will also see Mazda take a small stake in its larger rival. The sheer cost of the plant also makes a partnership logical, as it boosts cost-efficiency and economies of scale.
Anywhere from 3 to 6 inches of rain, with isolated measurements of up to 12 inches, are expected in Belize and the Yucatan Peninsula, which could possibly create flooding.
After crossing the peninsula, Franklin could re-intensify into a hurricane to deliver another blow to Mexico's east coast later this week.
Franklin will then move into the southwest Gulf of Mexico (Bay of Campeche) by late Tuesday, and may gain some strength before making a final landfall in eastern Mexico Thursday.
The U.S.is not expected to see damage from this system other than parts of the Texas Gulf Coast seeing high surf and unsafe rip currents later in the week, The Weather Channel reported.
The Atlantic hurricane season runs until November 30.
On the forecast side, the Colorado State team led by Phil Klotzbach have maintained their call for an above average 2017 hurricane season in their latest update.
The CSU Tropical Meteorology Project team is predicting a total of 11 additional named storms to form after August 1.
- LG V30 Rolling Out with a Larger Optic Aperture
- You can now use PayPal through Skype's mobile app
- Infants Die in Arizona After Being Left in Hot Cars
- The 'Despacito' video just broke 3 billion views on YouTube
- Trump's approval rating plunges to new low following GOP's health care fiasco
- Russian Federation orders cut in U.S. diplomats in reaction to sanctions
- Microsoft launches Surface hardware subscription model
- Strong dollar imperils economy and jobs, RBA warns
- Lengthy delays at Australian airports after 'Islamic-inspired terrorism' plots
- Ex-Oregon State QB Matt Moore takes command of Miami Dolphins offense