About Karnataka minister DK Shivakumar, Javadekar said the Congress has to answer the recoveries made from his properties after the Income Tax raids.
He advised the Centre to conduct similar raids on the office of BJP president Amit Shah, who is contesting the Rajya Sabha election from Gujarat. The first batch of 10 MLAs will leave by early morning 4 am and rest will leave by 12 noon.
Dismissing reports in a section of the media and BJP accusations that the Congress legislators were having fun at the resort while people in their constituencies in Gujarat were affected by floods, Mr. Gohil said, "If we were here to enjoy, we would have accepted the Rs. 15 crore offer from the BJP".
Gohil alleged that it was the BJP, which was spreading "canards" that the Congress MLAs would first be flown to the national capital to meet Sonia.
British model 'kidnapped in Milan for Dark Web auction'
She is believed to have been drugged and transported in a bag to a secluded village near Turin, before being released on July 17. The unnamed suspect faced pre-trial before magistrate Anna Magelli yesterday.
The Congress has objected to the "NOTA" option in the Rajya Sabha poll, which is being seen as a prestige battle for the party in Gujarat.
August 06: Former congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela on Sunday said that he had presaged the top rung of his party with regard to rising unrest in the political outfit in Gujarat but the senior leadership did not pay heed to his advice. The MLAs return was inevitable since they need to vote in the Rajya Sabha elections, which will be held on Tuesday.
The Congress had sent its 44 legislators here on July 29 to fend off what it alleged were "poaching" attempts by the BJP. "We neither accept bribes nor give it".
"I will speak as soon as the I-T department releases its report on the raids", he said, adding that he would head to the resort where the Gujarat MLAs are staying.
Former Gujarat chief minister Shankarsinh Vaghela, who resigned from the Congress in the past month, blamed the party's central leadership for the spree of defections of its lawmakers. "I had promised Sonia ji (of not joining the BJP)".
- Strong dollar imperils economy and jobs, RBA warns
- Chinese troops enter Barahoti in Uttarakhand, threaten shepherds
- 2 killed, 9 injured in gas explosion at Minneapolis school
- Manchester City Crush Tottenham 3-0 In Pre-Season Game
- Downing Street backs Philip Hammond as he softens stance on Brexit again
- Philander out of hospital, available to bat in third test
- Trump joining with GOP senators to push immigration changes
- You can now use PayPal through Skype's mobile app
- Russian Federation orders cut in U.S. diplomats in reaction to sanctions
- US President Trump replaces chief of staff Priebus with John Kelly