Phoenix police Sgt. Mercedes Fortune said Josiah was in the care of his father at the time of his death, police said that baby's father forgot the baby in the vehicle. Fortune said the vehicle had been elsewhere before the father drove to the church, Baby had not been in the church parking lot for hours.
Two babies have died after being left in hot cars in the same U.S. city within 24-hours of each other.
A 1-year-old boy is dead after being found in a hot vehicle in south Phoenix.
Police say this is a tragedy that could have been avoided.
Seven-month-old Zane Endress was found dead in a parked auto in Phoenix, Arizona, as temperatures soared to 38C on Friday, the Washington Post reported.
She said, she had come to the church to support the family and mentioned hearing about the other baby that had died similarly on Friday. "Everyone is cooperative", Fortune said.
US President Trump replaces chief of staff Priebus with John Kelly
Mr Kelly is now the secretary of homeland security and Mr Trump tweeted that he "has been a true star of my administration". Scaramucci, despite this week (or - gulp - maybe because of it) is weirdly ascendant in the White House.
Since 1998, 729 children left in vehicles have died of heatstroke, according to NoHeatStroke.org, an organization that tracks the deaths of children in hot vehicles.
An infant left for about two hours in a hot auto has died - the second such death in the past two days in the city, the Phoenix Fire Department said. Even then family members said that began gathering in the church to support parents shortly after this happened.
The boy was in the care of his grandparents at the time, the Republic reported.
According to the safety organization Kids and Cars, an average of 37 children die each year in hot cars.
Last year, the organization recorded 29 heatstroke deaths of children left in cars. Both of the child's parents are cooperating with police; it's unknown if the father will face any charges.
Zettica Mitchell, who told the Arizona Republic she is a cousin of the baby's father, called the death "shocking, devastating, just sad".
- Chinese troops enter Barahoti in Uttarakhand, threaten shepherds
- 'Petrol and diesel ban exposes gaping holes in the Government's understanding'
- LG V30 Rolling Out with a Larger Optic Aperture
- Town mayor killed as Philippines war on drugs escalates
- Oil tankers association ends strike, oil supply resumes
- Downing Street backs Philip Hammond as he softens stance on Brexit again
- Moto Z2 Force Officially Announced with 6GB of RAM and Thinner Design
- Toyota's new solid-state battery could make its way to cars by 2020
- Putin decries 'anti-Russian hysteria' in US
- Fusion GPS: White House trying to smear us on Russian Federation