The Los Angeles Chargers were said to have a positive work out with National Football League free agent quarterback Robert Griffin III Tuesday, but general manager Tom Telesco made a decision to go with a sturdier backup in former Ohio State Buckeyes QB Cardale Jones.
The Los Angeles Chargers acquired second-year quarterback Cardale Jones on Wednesday in a trade with the Buffalo Bills that sends a conditional draft pick to Buffalo. ESPN's Adam Schefter later revealed the conditional pick is in the seventh round.
Jones, a fourth-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, appeared in only one game during his rookie season. Jones was a project for the Bills, where Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn spent last season as running backs coach before his promotion to offensive coordinator.
"Cardale is a good young talent, and he's going to add competition behind Philip Rivers", Lynn was quoted as saying on the Chargers' official website.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to launch on August 23
As far as storage is concerned, it will have 6GB RAM, 128GB storage and Samsung's own Bixby voice-assistant, said the report. Tipster Evan Blass has pegged the price of the upcoming Galaxy Note device to be around 999 euro (Rs 72,123 approx).
When asked about the trade, Coach Lynn said, "He's the type of QB you want waiting on the runway".
The trade likely signals the end of the Chargers' interest in Robert Griffin III. "He's going to have the opportunity to come on the field and compete".
The Bills' selection of Pittsburgh Panthers quarterback Nathan Peterman, who was taken 171st overall this year, may have portended Jones' eventual departure, but they've seen nothing of Peterman outside of rookie minicamp thus far.
Along with Peterman and Taylor in the Bills quarterback room is recently signed veteran T.J. Yates. Cardale is someone we think can be developed. He completed 6 of 11 passes for 96 yards and an interception in Buffalo's season finale.
- Toyota's new solid-state battery could make its way to cars by 2020
- Egypt military says 40 militants killed in campaign
- Oil rises on promise from Saudis to limit exports next month
- Jose Mourinho has reassured Manchester United fans over David de Gea's future
- US Navy ship fires warning shots at Iranian ship in Persian Gulf
- Ford Motor Q2 Profit Beats Estimates; Auto Segment Operating Margin Down 1.8%
- 'Kashmir is India and India is Kashmir', says Rahul Gandhi
- Violence over Jerusalem holy site kills 6
- European Union 'Stands Ready to Act' Over US Sanctions on Russian Federation
- IN unemployment falls to 3 percent, sixth lowest in country