Eighteen-year-old Obdulia Sanchez was arrested last Friday after reportedly filming a auto crash that killed her 14-year-old sister, Jacqueline, and livestreaming it to Instagram. According to International Business Times, Jacqueline Sanchez and another minor were sitting in the backseat and not wearing seatbelts.
Obdulia was detained at the scene after reportedly becoming violent with police officers, screaming that she had killed her sister and resisting while officers attempted to escort her to an ambulance.
Obdulia Sanchez was driving a 2003 Buick down Highway 165 just before 7 p.m. Friday when she reportedly overcorrected after drifting onto the right shoulder of the highway, swerving across traffic, crashing through the fence and overturning the vehicle in a field. The video, which was live streamed to Obdulia's Instagram account, shows the moment that the auto rolls over a fence and into a nearby field.
Sanchez was transporting her sister, Jacqueline Sanchez, and another 14-year-old girl who was badly injured when she lost control of her auto and drove across lanes and overturned in a field, ejecting Jacqueline and the other girl.
"I fucking killed my sister, OK? I know I'm going to prison for life", Sanchez said in the recording. "I'm sorry, baby. I'ma hold it down. rest in peace, sweetie".
TS Don churns west, will dissipate in Caribbean
Forecasters say the storm is about 485 miles east-southeast of Barbados and 595 miles east of Trinidad as of Monday. On the forecast track the center of Don will move through the Windward Islands late Tuesday and Tuesday night.
BuzzFeed reports the live stream was recorded by Mary Hernandez of Stockton, who at first thought the video may have been a prank. They said the vicitm, Jacqueline Sanchez of Stockton, was supposed to celebrate her Quinceanera Sunday. I killed my sister.
Ms Sanchez Estrada, meanwhile, was sitting in the back of the auto without a seat belt and was killed when she was ejected from the vehicle. The second girl reportedly sustained major trauma to her right leg.
Another 14-year-old girl was badly injured in the collision, which happened about 120 miles southeast of San Francisco. "This is the last thing I wanted to happen to us but it just did", she said.
Jacqueline Sanchez Estrada was killed in a crash Friday.
Obdulia Sanchez was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and vehicular manslaughter and remained in jail with bail set at $300,000.
- Jose Mourinho has reassured Manchester United fans over David de Gea's future
- Majority of Voters Says Democratic Party Stands for Nothing - Except Opposing Trump
- 'Granny gem thief' with rap sheet dating to 1950s is arrested again
- First West Nile Case of the Summer Confirmed in IL
- $5B in student loan debt could be forgotten thanks to missing paperwork
- Doom update 6.66 retires its season pass, all multiplayer DLC now free
- Poland's senate approves controversial court reform
- Bengaluru: Demand for separate flag not an insult, says CM, lambasts opposition
- Samsung Pay gets PayPal support in the US
- Kuwait lowers ties with Iran