Additionally, Marvel will be introducing the iconic alien race of villains to the movie universe, the Skrulls!
Also the fact that Captain Marvel is set in the 1990s raises a lot of question in the MCU.
Only mentioned until now in the films and spin-off television shows, concept art was shown at SDCC that is said to be close to the original comic book designs. And Nick Fury will have two eyes. Not because he gets his good eye back, but because the movie takes place before the first Iron Man.
In addition, Marvel announced that Samuel L. Jackson will once again be playing Nick Fury. This will mark the Marvel Cinematic Universe debut for the Skrulls, who were previously rumored to appear in 2012's The Avengers.
Poland's senate approves controversial court reform
Prime Minister Beata Szydlo says the legislation is an internal matter and the government will not bow to any foreign pressure. Poland's Senate approved the measure early Saturday, capping days of debate and demonstrations.
Whatever happened behind the scenes, the introduction of the Skrulls and their ability to disguise themselves as anyone could have some particularly massive effects on the MCU; say, if one of the Avengers suddenly turned around and revealed themselves to be a Skrull in disguise this entire time. The story saw the original Captain Marvel, Mar-Vell, and the Avengers defending the Earth as it was almost drawn into the long-ongoing war between the Skrull and Kree Empires. There's no telling how the new Captain Marvel's origin will be told in the MCU, but it could be that Mar-Vell's death during the war sees him pass the mantle to Carol Danvers.
Captain Marvel will be directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, from a script by Nicole Perlman and Meg LeFauve. Marvel and Fox both own the rights to the Skrulls, so it will be interesting to see where Captain Marvel takes them.
Larson and Captain Marvel are slated to be seen in Infinity War, which comes out in 2018 and, as far as we know, takes place after the events of the previous three Marvel movies - all of which are bound to our era.
- First West Nile Case of the Summer Confirmed in IL
- Seoul suggests inter-Korean border talks
- 'Granny gem thief' with rap sheet dating to 1950s is arrested again
- Jose Mourinho has reassured Manchester United fans over David de Gea's future
- AlphaBay and Hansa dark web sites shut down
- Majority of Voters Says Democratic Party Stands for Nothing - Except Opposing Trump
- 'Kashmir is India and India is Kashmir', says Rahul Gandhi
- Israeli Metal Detectors Intercept Muslim Prayers to Allah
- Plastic trash is choking the Earth
- McCormick to acquire French's, Frank's RedHot brands for $4.2 billion