"After the technical delay in NSE, the broad market rose to new heights supported by IT and pharma stocks which rose on the heels of positive U.S. job data", said Vinod Nair, Head of Research, Geojit Financial Services.
Price quotations for individual stocks listed on the (NSE) were not updating on Monday morning and investors could not place trades, in a problem that appeared to be widespread, four dealers said. Despite the disruptions, the bourse has said that all executed trades in cash and F&O segments remain valid. "Subsequently after giving notice to the market, the F&O segment was also closed", it said.
Earlier, brokers and those trading on the NSE had said stock prices did not get updated and there was also an issue in accessing the F&O segment. Meanwhile, the Nifty was trading higher by 99.35 points or 1.03% at 9,765.15 with 45 components gaining.
Attacks near Egypt-Gaza border kill 23 soldiers
The officials said some senior officers criticised the location of the checkpoint, arguing that it provided no real cover. About 100 Copts have been killed in such attacks in mainland Egypt since December.
ETNow reports state that market regulator Sebi also stepped into coordinate with the NSE exchange. Both the Nasdaq and BATS stock exchanges declared self-help against the NYSE amid the technical problems, which allows trading centers to bypass an automated trading center that is experiencing system problems. Ministry sources told ET that Sebi has said that the glitch was largely a software issue. During the day, the NSE issued as many as three public statements about the technical snag, with the last one coming at around 1930 hours. There have been a few occasions in 2014 when the BSE faced a similar glitch while the NSE continued operations.
"We have a target of 32,000 for the Sensex by the end of the year, and probably, we could end breaching the level", said Rajen Shah, Chief Investment Adviser, Tradebulls.
- Shadow of War lets your bring your Nemesis from Shadow of Mordor
- Fed Worried About Risks Posed by Its Loose Policy, Minutes Show
- West Indies bowl, Kuldeep Yadav makes T20I debut
- Gangrape survivor attacked with acid, Adityanath questions authenticity of report
- Saudi-led bloc voices regret over Qatar's 'negative' response to demand list
- NBA Hawks reportedly pass on Knicks' $71 mn offer to Hardaway Jr
- High Court judge asks Charlie Gard's parents for new evidence
- UFC 213: Romero vs. Whittaker: Ending the Streak
- Uran takes Tour stage honours as Porte crashes
- Eye on the Tropics: Tropical Depression 4 forms