The officers agreed to Thompson's request, watching (and filming) as he got down on one knee.
According to the Muskogee County District Court documents, Thompson had six felony warrants out for his arrest.
Oklahoma man Brandon Thompson proposed to his girlfriend on Tuesday. The video caught with police body camera shows the touching moment.
Lynch and his partner, Officer Lincoln Anderson, detained Thompson in the front yard and placed him in handcuffs.
Thompson's arrest is related to charges that include possession of a firearm after a felony conviction, possession of a controlled unsafe substance and failure to appear in court, according to NBC.
Rumor: No Single-Player DLC for MEA
There were rumors back in May that the series had been put on indefinite hold and Bioware employees transferred to new projects. This is disappointing but not exactly surprising, considering the downsizing of BioWare Montreal.
Although he was taken aback when he learned of Thompson's proposal request, Anderson said something good might arise from the instance.
The arresting officers moved Thompson's handcuffs from the back to the front, so he could place the engagement ring on his girlfriend's finger when she accepted.
Thompson was celebrating his 35th birthday and Independence Day with family when he was arrested. Keith told KOTV she was shocked by the sudden proposal, but also ecstatic to hear Thompson's profession of love. They told CNN they will set a date for their wedding once Thompson's legal troubles are resolved. He was released the day after his arrest.
It was a surprise unlike any other this Fourth of July for some Muskogee police officers and one lucky lady.
"Oh my gosh is he serious?" she told the outlet.
- China's president in Russian Federation for talks on boosting ties
- Uran takes Tour stage honours as Porte crashes
- The skinny on NC and Trump's request for election data
- Johanna Konta survives 'epic' Vekic clash to keep Wimbledon hopes alive
- Let the hype begin: Mayweather, McGregor to kick off tour
- House Budget Vote Today: 'A Moment Of Truth'
- Iran signs landmark US$5b gas deal with Total
- Mom accused in child deaths wags finger at judge
- Attacks near Egypt-Gaza border kill 23 soldiers
- Trump isolated as USA slowly detaches from G-20 positions