If the Celtics are indeed destined to trade for Paul George, they are probably just at the beginning of a long process in their dealings with in general manager Kevin Pritchard. But George reportedly would not do that unless the Celtics can sign a Blake Griffin or Gordon Hayward type of player.
Boston has maneuvering to do with its roster, including the shedding of salaries to create space to position itself for this scenario.
While George has said he would like to play for the Los Angeles Lakers, other clubs are hoping he might join them first, including, according to several United States media reports, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Prtichard recently told an Indianapolis reporter that he could picture George in a Pacers uniform for the start of training camp.
Devils select Swiss center Nico Hischier with No. 1 pick
As soon as that trade was announced it was already being announced that Brandon Saad / Artemi Panarin trade was a done deal. Soderlund had a decent season in the Swedish Hockey League past year , with three goals and four assists to his credit.
Teams can negotiate terms and deals with available talent starting this weekend but there is a moratorium on signing any contracts until next Thursday.
While the Celtics have the combination of young stars and draft picks to make an enticing trade offer to the Pacers, Boston still has plenty of competition to land George. He has already informed the team he intends to leave when his current contract expires in one year, and the whole world knows the Los Angeles Lakers intrigue him. At this year's trade deadline, Boston approached IN about a George trade due to the team's underwhelming season and eventual departure of their star player.
George is a four-time All-Star and one of the NBA's elite two-way players.
- Owned Qatar Airways seeks 10 pct stake in American
- Alleged Cosby Sex Assault Victim: 'I Wanted It to Stop'
- Dozens dead in US-led strikes on jihadist-run Syrian prison
- USA imposes additional tariffs on Canadian lumber as dispute escalates
- Moto E4 Launching Soon: 5 Key Features and Price
- Federal Bureau of Investigation agent indicted in LaVoy Finicum shooting
- Germany slams Saudi Arabia's 'provocative' demands on Qatar
- Messi's wedding: Maradona, Enrique not invited
- 7 killed as cable vehicle plummets in Gulmarg
- Heat to Meet With Gordon Hayward