The development comes a day after BJP party president Amit Shah met Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai on Sunday. The nomination of the BJP Presidential candidate is likely to be filed by June 23, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi is leaving for the U.S. on June 24.
Paswan said his party will stand by the Prime Minister's decision while the Samajwadi Party is understood to have favoured a politician as the new President.
The three-member party committee, which includes Union Ministers Rajnath Singh, M Venkaiah Naidu and Arun Jaitley, will brief the board members about the consultations undertaken by them with allies and opposition parties.
Shah, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's closest adviser and top campaign strategist, played up the humble origins of Kovind, 71, who has served two terms in the upper house of parliament and is a practising lawyer.
On Friday, the first meeting between the government and the opposition on presidential elections remained inconclusive as no names were discussed by either side.
Amazon stumps up nearly $US14B for Whole Foods Market
In Whole Foods , it is acquiring a company that has recently come under pressure from investors for its lagging performance. Whole Foods has struggled for quite some time with increasing same-store sales and boosting short-term profits.
The BJP Parliamentary Board is meeting today to reportedly take a decision on its Presidential nominee.
Meanwhile, AIADMK leader M. Thambidurai has said, "The party will meet soon and announce support to the Presidential candidate". Naidu also met Samajwadi Party's Ram Gopal Yadav and Naresh Agrawal.
The BJP was forced to form a panel for parleys with the opposition as Sonia constituted a sub-group of the opposition parties for the presidential election to create troubled waters for the ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) for the country's coveted post.
The Election Commission of India started the process of filing the nomination for the fourteenth President of India on June 14.
They are said to be considering the name of Gopalakrishna Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi's grandson and a former West Bengal Governor.
- Escaped Georgia inmates caught in Tennessee after manhunt
- 20 injured as Chinese flight hits turbulence in China
- Supreme Court Says Disparaging Trademark Names Are Protected
- Former Barca Star: Real Madrid Target Is Not Worth £120m
- GJM rules out talks with West Bengal govt
- Special counsel investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice
- Finally, Britain kicks off Brexit negotiations with EU
- Trump slams Qatar for funding terror as Tillerson urges calm
- Brits retire from America's Cup trials race with damage
- Leishman in touch in US Open second round