Google's new feature will list single job postings in a box above traditional web search results. Jobs posted on any of these websites will surface in search results. Google's blogpost outlines how Google for Jobs will work. Depending on what you want, you can turn on notifications if you find something you're interested in. The underlying technology is based on Google's Cloud Jobs API announced past year.
Google for Jobs is available on both desktop as well as mobile devices, and you simply have to search for "jobs near me", "teaching jobs", or other similar job-seeking queries within a Google search. Thanks to the wide range of job sites on offer, what used to require setting up profiles on multiple websites is now as simple as performing a quick Google search.
Amazon stumps up nearly $US14B for Whole Foods Market
In Whole Foods , it is acquiring a company that has recently come under pressure from investors for its lagging performance. Whole Foods has struggled for quite some time with increasing same-store sales and boosting short-term profits.
Users looking for a job will be able to filter terms and positions in their determined location, allowing them to find more specific openings than other job listing sites. "We want to do what we do best: search", Nick Zakrasek, Google's product manager for this project, told TechCrunch. Where available, reviews and ratings of employers and even commute time to the office will be provided along with the search results.
Google has partnered with the likes of Monster, CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, WayUp, DirectEmployers, and Facebook for the initiative. In the past, a Google job search only brought up general results from major jobs sites. The new search service can also let users know how long it will take to drive to the new job.
If you're hunting for a new job, Google just debuted a new AI tool that could aid your search. "We're trying to inject the power of Google into this experience", Zakrasek said. The feature is young, but as Google for Jobs gets populated with more listings over time, there won't be much of a reason not to at least start your job search with it.
- Trump Administration Revokes Obama-Era Immigration Program Protecting Immigrant Parents
- Samoa out to test themselves
- Erdogan's Guards to Be Charged in Beating of Protesters, US Officials Say
- GJM rules out talks with West Bengal govt
- 16-year-old arrested in theft of gun from Massachusetts mall
- Air bag maker Takata to file bankruptcy this month
- South Korean coach Uli Stielike fired after World Cup qualifier defeat
- YotaPhone 3, the dual display smartphone to be launched later this year
- Traders Purchase Large Volume of Apple Call Options (AAPL)
- Trump Tweets Poll Showing 50 Percent Approval; 'Higher Than O's!'