France. In fact, Real Madrid had been interested in the youngster for a while - even giving a then 13-year old Mbappe a two-day tour of their facilities five years back, something facilitated by the then advisor to President Florentino Perez, Zinedine Zidane.
It is a career trajectory Trezeguet believes Mbappe should consider, particularly in light of the struggles another former Monaco striker - Anthony Martial - has endured since his £36m move to Manchester United.
Although Monaco has no plans this summer to release Mbappe, exorbitant offer from one of the top clubs on the continent may change the plans of champion of France. But, that he is happy to wait another season and continue to grow in Ligue 1.
"I've seen very little of Mbappe, I know he's 18, a very good player, but for the moment he's a Monaco player", Perez said in an interview on radio station Onda Cero.
"We know that [Mbappe's] dream is to play for Real Madrid".
Samoa out to test themselves
Aaron Smith will start after a horror end to last season, marred by publicity around a tryst with a woman in an airport toilet. Hurricanes duo Vaea Fifita and Jordie Barrett are the two new caps in the squad and will become All Blacks 1158 and 1159.
"It is quite obvious that I'm biased but that's how I felt when I played Real Sociedad". I'm sure we're watching him.
They were shocked last week when Ronaldo informed them that he will be leaving this summer following the tax evasion allegations brought up against him by prosecutors in Spain.
Despite Mbappe scoring 26 goals in all competitions as Monaco dethroned Paris Saint-Germain in Ligue 1 and reached the Champions League semi-finals, countryman Abidal does not agree with the transfer figures being touted.
Morata's agent told calciomercato.com last week that the striker's proposed transfer to Manchester United awaits a decision from Real. No one has sent us any offers, not for Ronaldo, not for James, nor for Morata.
The newspaper claims Arsenal will test Monaco's resolve by offering £100m in cash plus Giroud in a player-plus-cash swap deal in exchange for Mbappe's services.
- Trump Administration Revokes Obama-Era Immigration Program Protecting Immigrant Parents
- Family: Michigan native shot multiple times in chest, arm
- Supreme Court Says Disparaging Trademark Names Are Protected
- Google Uses Artificial Intelligence To Search Job Listings
- Hong Kong pushing for regional AIIB office, says finance chief
- YotaPhone 3, the dual display smartphone to be launched later this year
- Leishman in touch in US Open second round
- Rangers launch Europa League campaign against Progres Niederkorn of Luxembourg
- 16-year-old arrested in theft of gun from Massachusetts mall
- Wildfires in Portugal kill at least 58