The plane landed around 9 am (0100 GMT) today, an hour later than scheduled, according to Xinhua.
'We felt strong turbulence twice and minor turbulence three times.
Following the incident, the aircraft did manage to land safely in Kunming, where medical teams were on scene to assist injured passengers.
One injured passenger said: "We applauded when the plane landed safely".
There are reports that a turbulence left at least 26 injured and 4 seriously. Of the 26 reported injuries, four were considered serious.
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga heading to 3DS
Nintendo revealed the game during its Treehouse Live event today at E3 2017 and relayed the news on Twitter . It's an entirely new story campaign that focuses on a minor player in the original story, Captain Goomba.
A China Eastern Airlines plane departs from Hongqiaou Airport in shanghai, February 8, 2015. Medical services were provided to the passengers, it added, without elaborating.
None of the passengers received life-threatening injuries, said the First People's Hospital of Yunnan Province, where those injured were taken. We remind all travelers to please fasten their seat belts during the entirety of each trip.
No passengers or crew were injured.
Images show a gaping hole across the engine casing of the Airbus A330, which departed at 8.30pm on June 11.
- Brits retire from America's Cup trials race with damage
- Amazon stumps up nearly $US14B for Whole Foods Market
- Trump Administration Revokes Obama-Era Immigration Program Protecting Immigrant Parents
- Iran kills terror chief behind parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini shrine attack
- Trump to ban business with Cuban military: U.S. source
- YotaPhone 3, the dual display smartphone to be launched later this year
- Air bag maker Takata to file bankruptcy this month
- Shah rules out resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties
- South Korean coach Uli Stielike fired after World Cup qualifier defeat
- Family: Michigan native shot multiple times in chest, arm