The plane landed around 9 am (0100 GMT) today, an hour later than scheduled, according to Xinhua.
'We felt strong turbulence twice and minor turbulence three times.
Following the incident, the aircraft did manage to land safely in Kunming, where medical teams were on scene to assist injured passengers.
One injured passenger said: "We applauded when the plane landed safely".
There are reports that a turbulence left at least 26 injured and 4 seriously. Of the 26 reported injuries, four were considered serious.
Iran kills terror chief behind parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini shrine attack
On June 7, a twin terrorist attack in the Iranian capital of Tehran left at least 12 people dead and more than 40 injured. Following the incident, the so-called Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for the bombings.
A China Eastern Airlines plane departs from Hongqiaou Airport in shanghai, February 8, 2015. Medical services were provided to the passengers, it added, without elaborating.
None of the passengers received life-threatening injuries, said the First People's Hospital of Yunnan Province, where those injured were taken. We remind all travelers to please fasten their seat belts during the entirety of each trip.
No passengers or crew were injured.
Images show a gaping hole across the engine casing of the Airbus A330, which departed at 8.30pm on June 11.
- Traders Purchase Large Volume of Apple Call Options (AAPL)
- Family: Michigan native shot multiple times in chest, arm
- Cristiano sings 'Ronaldo, Ballon d'Or' as Madrid celebrate Champions League triumph
- Wildfires in Portugal kill at least 58
- YotaPhone 3, the dual display smartphone to be launched later this year
- South Korean coach Uli Stielike fired after World Cup qualifier defeat
- Escaped Georgia inmates caught in Tennessee after manhunt
- Trump Administration Revokes Obama-Era Immigration Program Protecting Immigrant Parents
- Republicans divided as Trump reverses some Obama Cuba policy
- Amazon stumps up nearly $US14B for Whole Foods Market