We're praying for him and we love him.
Lobbyist Matt Mika, 38, was shot in his chest and arm, suffered massive trauma and is in the intensive care unit at George Washington University Hospital here. Although he needs assistance to breathe and will need additional surgeries, Mika has been conscious and communicating through notes, the family said. "We should be extremely grateful for Capitol Police this morning and other first responders on the scene for their heroic work", Hill wrote.
Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy earns $55K for losing 3 pounds
To collect even more money on Monday , the Seahawks made things slightly more hard : Lacy had to weigh 250 pounds or less. Last season he weighed in at 234 pounds and rushed for a career-low 360 yards, after only appearing in five games.
The family says they will continue to update the media as Matt's condition changes. He has also worked in the offices of Rep. Tim Walberg and former Rep. Dave Camp, both Michigan Republicans, according to his LinkedIn profile. The hospital confirmed to TIME that one victim from the shooting remains in critical condition. He is undergoing surgery. He's now director of government relations for Tyson Foods Washington office.
The congressman said Mika's status as an "overachiever" goes back to his days playing football and baseball at Michigan's Adrian College. Mika was shot Wednesday morning by a gunman, identified by the Associated Press as 66-year-old James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill.
Hodgkinson has a violent criminal history, and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents said they believe he had been living out of his vehicle in the Alexandria area since March. "He is grateful for the fearless actions of U.S. Capitol Police, first responders, and colleagues". You can listen to the details in the video posted below.
- E3 2017: The Crew 2 speeding to consoles and PC in 2018
- Mojang Bring Crossplay and 4K to Minecraft on Xbox One
- Biden encourages Romney to consider Senate run in Utah
- Iran kills terror chief behind parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini shrine attack
- Pentagon: 3 US soldiers killed, 1 wounded in Afghanistan
- Gulf Mediator Says Qatar `Ready to Understand' Region's Concerns
- Comey Testimony Watched by an Estimated 19.5 Million Viewers
- Health of Nashville defenceman Ryan Ellis still in question
- London Bridge Attacker Attempted to Rent Large Truck
- Aisha Tyler leaving The Talk, still set for Criminal Minds season 13