We're praying for him and we love him.
Lobbyist Matt Mika, 38, was shot in his chest and arm, suffered massive trauma and is in the intensive care unit at George Washington University Hospital here. Although he needs assistance to breathe and will need additional surgeries, Mika has been conscious and communicating through notes, the family said. "We should be extremely grateful for Capitol Police this morning and other first responders on the scene for their heroic work", Hill wrote.
Cristiano sings 'Ronaldo, Ballon d'Or' as Madrid celebrate Champions League triumph
The 20th club trophy of Ronaldo's career comes at the end of a season in which he also helped Madrid end a five-year title drought in Spain.
The family says they will continue to update the media as Matt's condition changes. He has also worked in the offices of Rep. Tim Walberg and former Rep. Dave Camp, both Michigan Republicans, according to his LinkedIn profile. The hospital confirmed to TIME that one victim from the shooting remains in critical condition. He is undergoing surgery. He's now director of government relations for Tyson Foods Washington office.
The congressman said Mika's status as an "overachiever" goes back to his days playing football and baseball at Michigan's Adrian College. Mika was shot Wednesday morning by a gunman, identified by the Associated Press as 66-year-old James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill.
Hodgkinson has a violent criminal history, and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents said they believe he had been living out of his vehicle in the Alexandria area since March. "He is grateful for the fearless actions of U.S. Capitol Police, first responders, and colleagues". You can listen to the details in the video posted below.
- Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga heading to 3DS
- Xbox One S now available with a $50 price price cut
- Harry Kane Wants Permanent England Captaincy
- Iran kills terror chief behind parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini shrine attack
- Apple won't let apps annoy you with their own review prompts anymore
- Qatar Petroleum says production not impacted by Gulf crisis
- Biden encourages Romney to consider Senate run in Utah
- Erdogan's Guards to Be Charged in Beating of Protesters, US Officials Say
- Aisha Tyler leaving The Talk, still set for Criminal Minds season 13
- Apple allows in-app tipping for content creators