Although Team New Zealand won race 3 they capsized in race 4 handing Land Rover Team their 1st point, but Team New Zealand still lead 3-1 in the series. On Tuesday, Emirates Team New Zealand capsized at the start of a semifinal race, throwing three crewmen into the water and causing serious damage.
But in the last race, when they also made the better start, the loss of Outteridge overboard threw the crew and they were unable to get back up to speed and conceded defeat.
Team Japan drew another penalty when the two boats nearly touched at gate five in the final race of the day, handing Artemis a comfortable win.
In this photo provided by the America's Cup Event Authority, Great Britain's Land Rover BAR and Emirates Team New Zealand compete during America's Cup challenger semifinals on the Great Sound in Bermuda on Thursday, June 8, 2017.
"We're bitterly disappointed to lose races and not continue in the America's Cup but that's sport and the America's Cup is a tough game".
With the Swedish team hampered, New Zealand capitalised to claim the lead. We have improved the boat and improved the performance, but we still have more to come, and we know we can get faster.
Jennifer Lawrence's private plane forced to make an emergency landing
The spokeswoman said that two passengers and crew members were on board the plane, but did not say that Lawrence was among them. A representative for Lawrence confirmed with ABC News that she was just leaving her hometown after a visit to her family.
Outteridge timed his start to perfection in the second race and held off Japan to win by 28 seconds. Welcome to smoother sailing, two days after destruction derby day.
Artemis Racing was a new syndicate four years ago but was devastated when Simpson was killed when its 72-foot catamaran broke apart during a training run in May 2013.
"This is the most successful Japanese America's Cup challenge in history", said Sofuku.
Percy won Olympic gold and silver medals with Simpson as his crewman in the Star class in 2008 and 2012.
The Brits tried to get back to the dock to replace the wing.
"I was very thankful when I was sitting up top to be able to look out back and see all their heads above water", said New Zealand helmsman Peter Berling, one of those left on board.
Team New Zealand supporters cheer for the team as they leave the dock on day one of the challenger playoff finals against Artemis.
- Comey Testimony Watched by an Estimated 19.5 Million Viewers
- Apple won't let apps annoy you with their own review prompts anymore
- Samoa out to test themselves
- 'Minecraft' cross-play not coming to PS4 despite Microsoft's interest
- Iran kills terror chief behind parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini shrine attack
- Xbox One S now available with a $50 price price cut
- Cristiano sings 'Ronaldo, Ballon d'Or' as Madrid celebrate Champions League triumph
- Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy earns $55K for losing 3 pounds
- Authorities: Escaped Ga. inmates caught in Tenn
- Mojang Bring Crossplay and 4K to Minecraft on Xbox One