One day prior to the terrorist attacks in Tehran, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said Iran had to be "punished" for what he called "its interference in the region".
"On the Western side the same type of activity is being undertaken, again by using the diplomatic hospitality of other neighbours", Zarif said.
On June 7, a twin terrorist attack in the Iranian capital of Tehran left at least 12 people dead and more than 40 injured.
Two days later, suicide bombings and shootings in Tehran killed 17 people.
Following the incident, the so-called Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for the bombings.
President Donald Trump has previously slammed the Islamic regime, warning its nuclear ambitions are a threat to the world.
Apple won't let apps annoy you with their own review prompts anymore
Apple introduced the rating prompt a few months ago, but it's been optional up until now. The tipping option is not the only changes in the new App Store policies.
"This is a fire that [Western powers] themselves ignited and now has backfired on them", he told a gathering of senior officials in Tehran at a ceremony to mark the anniversary of the death of revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in 1989.
"Iran's relation with India and Pakistan's ties with Saudi Arabia has made the Iran-Pakistan relations more complicated".
"We underscore that states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote", Trump said in a statement that also expressed condolences to the victims.
"America is a terrorist country and backs terrorism... therefore, we can not normalize ties with such a country", Khamenei said. During the Barack Obama era, Iran enjoyed the opportunity to fill the vacuum in the Middle East after the White House abandoned its traditional allies, like Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
Iran and Saudi Arabia accuse each other of subverting regional security and support opposite sides in conflicts including those in Syria, Yemen and Iraq.
"We believe that the rest of the global community will make it clear - as it has done already to them - that it considers the nuclear deal as a multilateral agreement and not a bilateral agreement between Iran and the United States", Zarif said.
- 'Minecraft' cross-play not coming to PS4 despite Microsoft's interest
- Comey Testimony Watched by an Estimated 19.5 Million Viewers
- Health of Nashville defenceman Ryan Ellis still in question
- Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy earns $55K for losing 3 pounds
- Mojang Bring Crossplay and 4K to Minecraft on Xbox One
- Prosecutors to drop charges in Stanley Cup dead catfish toss
- Apple pushes Siri to the fore at annual developer conference
- Three-part Life is unusual prequel confirmed
- Apple allows in-app tipping for content creators
- Xbox One S now available with a $50 price price cut