It is important to note that Apple cracked down on unofficial tipping, which was a way around the 30 percent fee on in-app purchases by highlighting how the tips were donations rather than actual purchases.
In ExtraBITS this week, scam apps seem to be making big money in the App Store, iOS review prompts are becoming less annoying, Apple is positioning the iPad for a comeback, and the company has announced the 2017 Apple Design Award winners. Instead, there'll be two key restrictions that should reduce headaches for everyone: First, apps will be required to use a new Apple-made review prompt, which allows users to leave a rating without exiting an app.
Other changes include requiring developers to use Apple's own API to ask users to provide ratings without leaving an app, and screenshots can now include text overlays.
Apple has banned the alt-right's favorite meme from its App Store. Apple introduced the rating prompt a few months ago, but it's been optional up until now.
Tom Cruise convinced Courtney B. Vance to star in The Mummy
The actor actually imbues his exposition with a bit of panache, and Jekyll's brief appearance is the most fun the movie has. There's just a big baddie who wants to kill people, and some "goodies" who are trying to stop her .
The tipping option is not the only changes in the new App Store policies. A user can only receive the prompt three times per year.
Users will also be able to opt out of receiving pop-ups entirely. Once the user rates the app he will never see that again.
Not all developers out there want your birth certificate and bathing schedule, but enough have proven themselves less than scrupulous over the years, so anything Apple and Google do to help users limit data collection and location tracking is always welcome.
- Iran arrests seven suspects linked to Tehran attacks killing 17
- Trump commits to NATO's Article 5
- Comey Testimony Watched by an Estimated 19.5 Million Viewers
- Apple introduces smart compact music speaker
- Oil futures climb 1 percent after USA stockpile draw
- Apple CEO to MIT grads: Tech without values is worthless
- Halep and Svitolina advance to French Open quarterfinals
- Health of Nashville defenceman Ryan Ellis still in question
- Xbox One S now available with a $50 price price cut
- Pentagon: 3 US soldiers killed, 1 wounded in Afghanistan