Trump briefly considered Romney past year for Clinton's former job. After being passed over for Trump's secretary of state, Romney has campaigned for GOP candidates and weighed in on political matters via social media.
The two men were on opposite sides of the 2012 election - Biden as the running mate of President Barack Obama and Romney as a Republican presidential candidate. But first, Republican Sen. He revealed Friday that he had been serious about serving as Trump's top diplomat and even spoke to Hillary Clinton, the defeated Democratic nominee, who encouraged him to take it. However, President Trump chose outside of Washington and tapped Exxon mogul Rex Tillerson. This year's business and policy-focused summit drew in top donors, executives and office holders from the Republican party, including Republican Senators Lindsey Graham of SC and John McCain of Arizona.
The Biden-Romney event was closed to reporters. After vice president, secretary of state is perhaps the most powerful position in the government.
Two of the London Bridge/Borough Market attackers from Barking - third man named
He received an European Union residency permit from Ireland and the couple lived there until at least the end of 2015. On Tuesday, authorities said the 22-year-old lived in East London , but was an Italian national of Moroccan descent.
Biden was appearing at Romney's annual E2 Summit in Deer Valley, Utah, and the two were leading a discussion in front of the summit's attendees Friday evening.
Biden's comments come following speculation that he will seek to be elected to the seat of longtime Utah Senator Orrin Hatch should he forego reelection.
Biden criticized Clinton's 2016 election loss in May, stating, "I never thought she was a great candidate".
- North Korea: US leaving Paris agreement 'selfish,' 'silly'
- OPEC meets to extend oil cuts for up to one year
- Student stuck on NY subway gets improvised graduation
- Beckham one step closer to MLS team in Miami
- Boston Red Sox outslug Chicago White Sox; Chris Sale struggles in return
- Benintendi hits 2 HRs to help Red Sox beat Orioles 7-3
- United Nations chief warns oceans are 'under threat as never before'
- Verizon plans to cut about 2000 jobs at Yahoo, AOL
- India & Pakistan to join SCO during landmark Astana summit
- Apple pushes Siri to the fore at annual developer conference