Trump briefly considered Romney past year for Clinton's former job. After being passed over for Trump's secretary of state, Romney has campaigned for GOP candidates and weighed in on political matters via social media.
The two men were on opposite sides of the 2012 election - Biden as the running mate of President Barack Obama and Romney as a Republican presidential candidate. But first, Republican Sen. He revealed Friday that he had been serious about serving as Trump's top diplomat and even spoke to Hillary Clinton, the defeated Democratic nominee, who encouraged him to take it. However, President Trump chose outside of Washington and tapped Exxon mogul Rex Tillerson. This year's business and policy-focused summit drew in top donors, executives and office holders from the Republican party, including Republican Senators Lindsey Graham of SC and John McCain of Arizona.
The Biden-Romney event was closed to reporters. After vice president, secretary of state is perhaps the most powerful position in the government.Читайте также: Apple CEO to MIT grads: Tech without values is worthless
Biden was appearing at Romney's annual E2 Summit in Deer Valley, Utah, and the two were leading a discussion in front of the summit's attendees Friday evening.
Biden's comments come following speculation that he will seek to be elected to the seat of longtime Utah Senator Orrin Hatch should he forego reelection.
Biden criticized Clinton's 2016 election loss in May, stating, "I never thought she was a great candidate".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Benintendi hits 2 HRs to help Red Sox beat Orioles 7-3
- Conor McGregor up 61 places in Forbes highest-paid list
- Verizon plans to cut about 2000 jobs at Yahoo, AOL
- Apple 'HomePod' speaker to take on Amazon, Google
- London Bridge Attacker Attempted to Rent Large Truck
- Prosecutors to drop charges in Stanley Cup dead catfish toss
- Oil futures climb 1 percent after USA stockpile draw
- Boston Red Sox outslug Chicago White Sox; Chris Sale struggles in return
- Apple Takes On Distracted Driving With New Feature
- Kabul blast: Corps commanders reject 'unwarranted accusations' against Pakistan